Thread: Sightron spooting scope

Sightron spooting scope

Anyone using a Sightron S11 Blue Sky 20-60x85 spotting scope? Is this something decent that won't brake the bank? Only planning on using it at the range sighting in.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sightron spooting scope

Never used the spotting scope. However I do have a sightron s2 rifle scope which is destined for the garbage can. Only a couple years old and now when I adjust the magnification it goes blurry. Lesson learned

Never used their spotting scopes either but I have four of their rifle scopes ( 3 SIIIs and an SII). All four have excellent optics and have held up well. I also bought an 8X32 SII Blue Sky binocular as an inexpensive truck bino that I wouldn't cry about should my truck get broken into and ransacked. It too has excellent optics for the price point. I would definitely want to take a look through any spotter before I bought one, but wouldn't shy away from Sightron from a quality standpoint.

Chris, before you toss your SII into the garbage I'd contact Peter Dobson at Hirsch Precision. They are the Canadian distributor. Sightron has a limited lifetime warranty and I'm sure Peter will take care of you. The only time I've had to use the Sightron warranty was after purchasing a used Sightron scope over the internet. When I received the scope the reticle was canted inside the tube. I sent it to Sighton through Peter. There was evidence the scope had been tampered with, not the fault of Sightron, but Sightron still repaired it and returned it to me. The only cost to me was the shipping.

Not sure about their spotters but I just sent a 1-7 scope back to hirsch for warranty. I could not get the scope to focus on 7x at 100 yards. At 300 yards it was a disaster. Never again
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

well let's be reasonable here, the sii is roughly comparable to the vortex diamondback price point...and how many "amazing" warranty stories are there about vortex? I'd give Hirsch the chance to honour their warranty first, never used sightron warranty but hirsh has always been excellent to order from
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster