Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reusable Game Bags

Re: Reusable Game Bags

I vaccum pack my game bags so they take as little as room as possible in my pack

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyIfYouGetOne View Post
    I vaccum pack my game bags so they take as little as room as possible in my pack
    That's very clever!

My wife made mine by sewing bed sheets together. Dirt cheap from Value Village. Great for a whole deer. Getting my fourth year out of them, youth and regular season.

I use these to transport game when the weather is on the warm side and meat spoilage is a concern. They work great but are not cheap or very compact.

http://www.trophybagkooler.com

T.A.G bomb bags. Two large ones will fit a big mule deer no problem. Two of those suckers filled with meat is a heavy effin load.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBrown View Post
    I have a couple of sets of T.A.G. bags. I absolutely love them.
    Yep, TAG bags all the way. Durable, washable, good draw string, no flies, and air passes thru for faster cooling, drying as its made of parachute cloth

Where do you get TAG bags?

TAG bags can be had from Roklside,https://store.rokslide.com/kill-kits-c2.aspx or the guy that makes them in Alaska, https://pristineventures.com/products/t-a-g-bags-2/

I’m using both TAG bags and a set of the Black Ovis bags. Both are good and light weight. I would say I prefer the TAG bags a bit more than the Ovis bags. The TAG bags are a bit bigger and handle an elk quarter much better than the Ovis bags (not long enough). Have used the TAG bags for a few years and they have been washed many times and still in good shape. Last year was the first year with the Ovis bags and they washed up well.
    I found the rockslide website the best price for the TAG bags. The shipping from the manufacturer is a rip off if shipping to Canada.

TAG bags for backpack hunts...old home-made pillow case size game bags I've used for 25 years if near the truck or quad, and larger homemade versions for moose. We used cheap cotton bed sheet material for the homemade versions but they are 3X as heavy and bulky as TAG bags. TAG bags are tough as heck too.

Steve, you story on Susan finding evidence of sex in her washing machine was hilarious!!!