Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinder help

Question Rangefinder help

Hello HBC.
    I’m in the market for a rangefinder. I don’t have a big budget to spend on one.So I was hoping for a couple reviews from some folks. I was looking at the Vortex Impact 850, Nikon Aculon, Bushnell trophy 800, and the Sig Sauer KILO850. As they are all around the same price range. If you have, or have used any of these what did you think of them? Pros, Cons? Maybe some recommendations on ones I don’t know about? Any input will help👍
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rangefinder help

I have used Leupold,Leica, and Sig Sauer...Leica was very good but the Sig Sauer is even better.

I use and like the Kilo850, only really used it with archery ranges, so sub 100m, although I've ranged things farther I can't speak to accuracy at those ranges, sub 100 it's same as high dollar range finders I've compared it to.

No major pros, it's a range finder, it does what it's supposed to, cons are the same as all low dollar units, no backlit screen so hard to read in low light, doesn't work well in fog.

I picked it over the others because it was on sale, can't say it's better or worse, but it's good.

Vortex fury bino range combo is what I'm drooling over these days..checked out a pair the other day shouldn't of had the wife there lol

I have a leupold lrx1200 or whatever it's called.

It certainky is t up to its claimed capabilities. I'm a little pissed.

I really like the SIG rangefinders
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I’ve had most brands listed and have settled on the sig. extremely good product
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I have the Sig 850. If I were to do it over I would save and get the higher end model. I don't long range hunt but it sure would be nice to know distances when in the mountains. Planning a stalk on a goat or sheep and knowing they are 1500 yds away and that "rock" is 1200 yds away would be very handy.

The 850 needs perfect conditions to range 500 plus.

An led read out, slightly better magnification and longer range are what the 850 is missing. It's great for archery and inside 500 yds though.

thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards the Sig Sauer KILO1250 actually as it is on sale at the moment @ Cabela's.

The Vortex works as well as the rest, and is going to be covered under their unconditional warranty, end of story!