Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting the kids into scouting and hunting

Re: Getting the kids into scouting and hunting

My son just got his CORE and passed PAL so he will be hunting hard this year with me! Even got him a
    fresh 7mm08 and scope!! Good job! Awesome to see the kids out!

That's awesome. I can't wait to have my little guy out with me. My brother said Sept 1 was a poor choice, but maybe we can have a birthday hunting trip one day.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I'm assuming he enjoys it so far? He's seeing more game than my son did our first few times out. Keep bringing him with you and you'll know the feeling soon enough, I'm able to hunt a lot harder when he's not with me but it really is so much more rewarding with him. And yes he has spoke about being happy to have a connection with his food now and know exactly where it came from...his trophy from that hunt was the heart, have an awesome picture of him holding it up beside the gutpile and we fried it up in coconut oil with sweet chili sauce. Don't think I would have been up for eating heart at his age but he really liked it!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

^^^thats awesome I've never been much of a fan for eating the heart but if he is all the better, I'll bet he'll be a good hunter in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    That's awesome. I can't wait to have my little guy out with me. My brother said Sept 1 was a poor choice, but maybe we can have a birthday hunting trip one day.
    I would say if you have a kid that can hunt the youth seasons with you that's a great time to be out, get one before the deer get acclimatized to the hunting pressure...

I started my son hunting about 4 or when he was old enough to get in the truck and wipe his own ass! Watching him come from shooting his first grouse, deer, bear, grizz bear, moose, goat, wolves and cant remember whatever else, to waving goodbye to him as he heads north on a backpack sheep hunt! I have accomplished plenty in life but my son is my biggest success. Enjoy yours!

^^^thanks man, I hope my son will be the same way in regards to hunting as your boy...

My 5 year old today got to witness a 'harvest' for the first time, he was pumped..he's stoked to eat the grouse tomorrow..

[IMG][/IMG]

Haven't posted much of us going out this season, but this morning we got out and sat with the recurve and tried to rattle/call one in...no luck but he enjoyed it and was learning..and ate alot of snow lol..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Again, everyone feel free to post pics on this thread of hunting with your kids, harvest success or not..