Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EXO packs ?

Re: EXO packs ?

The stone glacier to be honest has had its days and the comfort is not there anymore , Looking for a change and I think I'm making the right decision. Ordered the 5500 today should be here fingers crossed sooner than later ! A lot of good input good to hear about feedback from guys who use them often in different environments thanks all !

Good choice on the 5500. Compresses down no problem. A lot more versatile compared to smaller sizes as others have mentioned.

Going the other way, if anyone has a good shape 2017 or newer 5500 in ranger and is looking for a 3500 instead, Id consider a trade.

Great choice on the 5500! I got mine last spring, to replace my kuiu 5200. The comfort of this pack is crazy good! My sunday hike had 80lbs in mine. 80lbs is a grunt anyway you look at it but this pack makes a tough load pretty bearable! I ordered the 2000 bag this year and its a nice touch but hardly necessary. The hip belt pockets work well too. I just received the crib panel and although not needed to carry meat its a nice addition as well.

I will add if anybody is looking to clear out an Exo pack I would be interested in the right size. Been drooling over these packs for a few years now.
    Last edited by Elkaholic; 08-21-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

I bought an k2 5500 and have been using it all scouting season, hauling in cameras and feed/minerals and I love the fit and light weight, seems to be pretty durable too, I used to use a "Mystery Ranch Marshall" but my exo blows it out of the water for comfort and functionality.

Awesome packs, the k2 2000 and 5500 combo is a great way to go. Service is awesome as well

I got the 5500 a few months ago. Having never owned a quality pack I don't have much to compare it too. I would also say that I'm not very experienced with packing in for longer trips but I would like to be, and having a quality pack seems like a requirement to get into that so I bought an EXO. I went with the 5500 because at that price I can only really justify one bag and at almost the same price and weight I would rather have room to grow. Packs down small, easy to use the load panel. Everything seems high quality and well thought out. Hip belt is extremely comfortable and pack is comfortable with 70lbs (haven't loaded it with any more).