Thread: Region 3 33 and 3-34

Region 3 33 and 3-34

Planing on a October Hunt in these 2 regions Have hunted the Relay Creeek area way back in the 1980s.
    Anyone know what the access is like ? Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks in Advance
    Robbie

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 3 33 and 3-34

Still no reply. Just looking for Road conditions and access to the area in the relay Creek area

No reply normally means your onto a well kept secret ��

Relay crk is in 3-32. Access from Lillooet via Bridge R, Carpenter Lk rd. 3 griz sows with 6 cubs there last year.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    Relay crk is in 3-32. Access from Lillooet via Bridge R, Carpenter Lk rd. 3 griz sows with 6 cubs there last year.
    Seen a sow with 3 cubs last year there, sow with a cub and a big boar this year. Road is rough past the fork, need a good 4x4.

I was up there a few weeks ago. It is doable to the end if you have the stomach. We were scouting/exploring with the extended family when we came to a section where the road is getting eaten away into the ravine. I had to call it quits when my mother in law started crying from fear. The risk is if you're up there and heavy rains come through, driving that section in the wet without mud tires... let's just say you'd want the door open with no seat belt. A couple from Washington in a 4runner actually drove it to the end. The driver confirmed it was "creepy" going through that section. I'd say an ATV no problem, small truck depends on your comfort level, full size pick up I doubt would fit. My brother in law needed a spotter to get through the previous narrow sections in his full size Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by climber250 View Post
    Seen a sow with 3 cubs last year there, sow with a cub and a big boar this year. Road is rough past the fork, need a good 4x4.
    Yep, 1 with 3, 1 with 2, and 1 with 1. Didnt see any boars last year, but they must be around....maybe they will eat some cubs and reduce the numbers....and the blackies seemed to disappear.

Sleep with one eye open. That area is crawling with Grizzlies.

Bit away from each other