Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear Underwater Crayfish Trapping: The Sequel

Clear Underwater Crayfish Trapping: The Sequel

We did it again. It's been a few years, as last year practicing bow was a priority and the year prior I was having some stomach issues.

Our last one got over 1.5 million views... not sure if this one will get the same kind of traction, but I think it's a way better video. We had a lot of fun making it. Tough trip though. We had to relocate our traps and watch them until dark and grab them first light because there were more than a few people eyeing them throughout the day.

All the rushing around, snorkeling all day I managed to blow out my shoulders pretty good. I think I only got an hour sleep before I was back out there fetching traps. Anyway, here it is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpb-uH7zTk

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Clear Underwater Crayfish Trapping: The Sequel

Another good one. Same sound track as the 2015 vid )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Another good one. Same sound track as the 2015 vid )
    lol ya we got grilled for the lack of talking on that video... at least we got some for the beginning and end this time around. Actually dropped the cheap little camcorder we brought into the crayfish bucket in the morning so the rest was on the waterproof cams... for the better though. That camera was awful. It claimed to be 1080P but was more like 640x480 digitally zoomed.

I hope that was a clunker fly rod you used to pull the traps!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    I hope that was a clunker fly rod you used to pull the traps!!!!!
    Yeah it was some cheap 10 year old <$100 combo deal that I bring for fly trolling sometimes. I wouldn't risk snapping off a decent one (though I did sink a $400 one once while trolling in a lake...dang expensive copper reel sunk like a brick) Glad I brought a crappy one.

We had people nosing around our traps the first day (and next morning they actually found one but bolted when they saw us coming... you know someone is guilty when you watch them trying to paddle a 14 ft aluminium at full speed) ... so rather than leaving in the same spot I just grabbed them all and tossed them off the boat without floats or anything. Some went pretty deep down (12 ft or so) that I might have had issues diving too (I suck at diving) ... fly rod helped a lot.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 08-19-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Very cool ! I go with my son also, he loves it ! I found hotdog works the best also !! We caught one of the biggest cray we’ve ever seen :0. I have a pic but can’t upload to site. If you want to see I can text it to you .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Very cool ! I go with my son also, he loves it ! I found hotdog works the best also !! We caught one of the biggest cray we’ve ever seen :0. I have a pic but can’t upload to site. If you want to see I can text it to you .
    Can you email it to me? I am going to PM you mail email address.

Tons of fun and delicious! Good sized critters you caught. Thanks for posting
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Great video. Looks like something fun to get into.

We've always had issues with our crab traps getting poached, same old tune.

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Got the pics! Big cray for sure: