Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your Dog/Puppy Photos

Hybrid View

Talking Lets see your Dog/Puppy Photos

I am a week away from going to pick up my little guy. He is A Chesapeake Bay Retriever. This is the only photo I have for the moment.

Let me know what breed and sport of choice (even if its couch napping) your dog is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20180811-201840_3.jpg  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lets see your Dog/Puppy Photos

I'll try and post a photo tonight.

I've got a 9month old Pudelpointer. He has had multiple surgeries in his short life. So focus has been health and basic dog training. He is a natural though. So he should be a good bird dog once we finally get his training going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    I'll try and post a photo tonight.

I've got a 9month old Pudelpointer. He has had multiple surgeries in his short life. So focus has been health and basic dog training. He is a natural though. So he should be a good bird dog once we finally get his training going.
    Surgeries for what?

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie View Post
    Surgeries for what?
    He was born with a base narrow jaw, and a slight under bite. At 12weeks it wasn't very serious. But by 4months it had gotten bad. 1rst surgery was to remove his puppy canines, second was to file down and cap his adult canines. Add in a puppy cold and neutering and his seen a lot of the vet in his short life!

But he is almost 9months now. All healthy. Vet bills are mostly paid off. And his general training (going pee outside, recall, sit/stay, soft mouth etc) is solid. So time to get going on birds. He probably wont get out this season unfortunately. But that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    He was born with a base narrow jaw, and a slight under bite. At 12weeks it wasn't very serious. But by 4months it had gotten bad. 1rst surgery was to remove his puppy canines, second was to file down and cap his adult canines. Add in a puppy cold and neutering and his seen a lot of the vet in his short life!

But he is almost 9months now. All healthy. Vet bills are mostly paid off. And his general training (going pee outside, recall, sit/stay, soft mouth etc) is solid. So time to get going on birds. He probably wont get out this season unfortunately. But that's just life.
    Nine months of age is a good time to get a dog out for their first season. The birds will teach him more than we can at that age. If you can't get out at all, maybe a hunting buddy can take him along for a few outings.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Nine months of age is a good time to get a dog out for their first season. The birds will teach him more than we can at that age. If you can't get out at all, maybe a hunting buddy can take him along for a few outings.
    We're still going to get him out a bit. Just not expecting too much from him. It'll be fun regardless haha

Sorry to hear of yr pups medical issues. Where did you get home from??? I have a female pp amazing dog can't go wrong with this breed natural ability is amazing land or water fur or feather so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Sorry to hear of yr pups medical issues. Where did you get home from??? I have a female pp amazing dog can't go wrong with this breed natural ability is amazing land or water fur or feather so much fun!
    Out here in Alberta. Possibly the same person you got yours? I know of two running around BC chasing birds haha.

It is what it is. Money comes and goes haha. He's all healthy now so that's what's important.

The breader was very upfront and honest with us through the whole process from start to finish. We chose to take a gamble and it got worse. That's life. Even so, the breader offered to take him back and refund us, if the medical bills were out of our price range (they just wanted what's best for the pup). By then though, he was part of the family. Loved him too much to send him back. We made the right choice. They are an amazing breed and he's a damn good boy.

Black lab, awesome retriever and hunting companion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 64A5EE7E-996A-49EA-A6C7-23C401A8A0CE.jpg  

My dog right after his first day of field training:
    Last edited by jassmine; 02-01-2019 at 05:52 PM.