Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quail, pheasant hunting okanagan

Re: Quail, pheasant hunting okanagan

some good info here thanks. Just got into some chukars here. Got 4 birds on my first outing and the next morning went out with the guys and they took 2 and 1 each with me missing all my shots, was a great hunt. Will get some pics up soon

anyone else getting out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    some good info here thanks. Just got into some chukars here. Got 4 birds on my first outing and the next morning went out with the guys and they took 2 and 1 each with me missing all my shots, was a great hunt. Will get some pics up soon

anyone else getting out yet?
    Any pics from the season? Interested on whether you got your birds

(a day in the alpine finished with a limit of blues)

The season is almost upon us and the birds are on my mind again. Last season the Chickens and ducks didnt stand a chance against my little lady. Already got plans do do more traditional duck hunting with a decoys spread but finding some other upland birds is on the books as the main effort. I get on the chukars a few times every year when steelpulse leaves the big city, grouse Im on a couple times a week when I walk the dog in the morning or evening but pheasants, huns and quail elude us, granted we havent put in much effort. I will be crusing the google earth machine looking for public land but Im all ears when it comes to areas around salmon arm, vernon and surrounding area. If anyone wants wants a fellow uplander to join them in the efforts of pushing bush my girl Gilly and I will be the first to volunteer.

will have some quail hopefully have 15 breeding pairs not the same but should be fun

I'm located in Kamloops, counting down the days until the dog and I can get back out chasing ruffies and blues. I have a young 2.5 year old springer/setter cross, she covers a lot of ground, loves birds! If anyone interested in getting out together or trying to find some pheasants around the interior I'd love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by imack91 View Post
    I'm located in Kamloops, counting down the days until the dog and I can get back out chasing ruffies and blues. I have a young 2.5 year old springer/setter cross, she covers a lot of ground, loves birds! If anyone interested in getting out together or trying to find some pheasants around the interior I'd love to hear from you.
    I've got a crazy schedule with work and kids - but would love to get out and chase some pheasants. My WHP is 5 years old. She's not perfect but a lot of fun to hunt with. We went out for grouse and chukkars last year.

I’ve no idea where to go for pheasants but maybe if we put our heads together we can figure it out! I’ll send you a PM.

Thought I'd pick this thread up again - anyone know approx. where one would find Pheasants on public land in Region 3? I'm based out of Kamloops but would take a drive to try to find some of these birds. Not looking for anyone's secret spot but would love to be pointed in the right direction or have a chance to get out with someone that knows where they are going! PM's open if you prefer. Thanks!

Hey guys, hope everyone is getting there dog out a bit, mine is coming along nicely, no thanks to my shooting or handling skills, I’m happy for natural ability. If anyone wants to get out for grouse or quail or chukar and pheasant when they open up let me know. Would love to work her with other dogs as well. I’m in Revelstoke but happy to drive around to where ever for some hunts

Quote Originally Posted by imack91 View Post
    Thought I'd pick this thread up again - anyone know approx. where one would find Pheasants on public land in Region 3? I'm based out of Kamloops but would take a drive to try to find some of these birds. Not looking for anyone's secret spot but would love to be pointed in the right direction or have a chance to get out with someone that knows where they are going! PM's open if you prefer. Thanks!
    i have a young Pudelpointer and just gearing up to get her going on her first trip. I have a cabin near Kamloops and if your looking for someone to get together and work some dogs i’d be interested.

cheers

Bubba