Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "How to use bear spray", by the CBC

"How to use bear spray", by the CBC

Way to mislead the public. No chance against a Bear intent on protecting its young or kill...

SPRAY: Simple advice for using bear repellent in a can

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...pray-1.4784095
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: "How to use bear spray", by the CBC

"To his knowledge".......

How about "to my knowledge a 12g is far more effective then flavoring a bears dinner "

Love the acronym - "A" is for build A wall hahahaha.

Everybody has bear spray he says, but nobody knows how to use it. Doesn't bear spray come with instructions by the manufacturer?

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

He forgot the most important step....ask the charging bruin to stop and wait while
    you get your can of spray out, take off the safety pin, and aim, holding it with 2 hands.

If someone can organise an instruction day with real live charging bears with "experts" as bait, let me know. It could be an entertaining day.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

Yeah I'll stick with my 12 gauge slugs

Seems like a pretty good article and acronym for people to think about rather than just purchasing spray and carrying it without much thought into its use or deployment.

The Ritcey's are a well respected family with a lot of experience in predators. I don't see any mis-information with the article. Practicing and being prepared is a big part of walking away intact. While I do carry both shotgun and spray at different times, I do prefer spray to packing the 12ga. I replace my spray about every two years and use the old spray to practice.

I recently bought some spray after a black bear stalked us on Sumas Mountain, after the initial encounter and we yelled and backed out 100 yards, it covered 50 yards silent in the bush and showed no fear with its head down and eyes locked on us sneaking up ..would rather pack a pistol but rather spray than a bulky rifle or shotgun when we re out hiking..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Has anyone ever found a single article or study that suggests that a firearm is more effective than spray? Virtually everything that I've seen has said the opposite. And that the loud flares are best (not the shoot in the air flare but the marine flare style).