Quote Originally Posted by ditch donkey View Post
if had a few spotters in the last year, including an older swaro, after tryin a few options i’d say if you want the very best you will have to spend to be in the top 3. But the vortex razor 65 which i currently use is probably the best bang for your buck. when i compared the vortex to swaro the swaro was definatly a bit better. i had an older swaro which was heavier and was a larger body which didn’t pack as compact into my pack. I came to the conclusion that the smaller lighter razor 65 was more than fine for me the average joe hunter who needs a quality spotter for a variety of different hunts. if sheep hunting is your game and you think you will spend the next 10 years chasing rams then i would say save up and buy one of the top 3. I feel a guy has to be honest with himself and determine if he is gonna spend the big bucks on the big glass is he going to use it enough to justify it. the razor will do just fine. i know of a few guys that have taken a few nice rams with less quality glass than the razor, lol
^^^This^^^

I also have a 65 razor with fine focus, its great for the cost, not too too heavy. And suits me perfect, and would suit 90% of the guys that use a spotter in my opinion. Ive know a couple guys with the newer version with the focus on the body and both preferred the previous model with dual focus knobs