Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The 400 yard curse, solo stone sheep hunt

Re: The 400 yard curse, solo stone sheep hunt

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Thinking its time for your Winter goat success story this year... Wicked write up buddy
    Its nearly as long coming as this sheep success was Lol. We spent Xmas eve / Xmas day and Boxing Day out looking around. We only located one good billy but was out of our reach with the time we had. Im looking at 8-10 days in February now, but don’t have a real solid plan as of yet.

Wow don't know how I missed this one... made for a great morning coffee + read. Congrats! Give Beaner a cookie!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Great story telling. you had me hooked right in. I am in full sheep hunting mode now. too bad its january. lol. congrats on a beauty ram.

Man! Thanks so much for that, that was a great ride! So well put together, bravo!
    I see you are a fellow Kifaru fan, I have a question about your gun bearer. Looked like, in one of the photos, you have the stock of your rifle on your left side but you shoot right. Is that how they say to carry it? I was going to order one and its says (for a kifaru pack) left side and right side...I would have ordered for my right side. Please advise!

Quote Originally Posted by harbinger View Post
    Man! Thanks so much for that, that was a great ride! So well put together, bravo!
    I see you are a fellow Kifaru fan, I have a question about your gun bearer. Looked like, in one of the photos, you have the stock of your rifle on your left side but you shoot right. Is that how they say to carry it? I was going to order one and its says (for a kifaru pack) left side and right side...I would have ordered for my right side. Please advise!
    Glad you enjoyed it!!

I honestly don’t recall having to choose a left or a right bearer. I do shoot left handed so I keep it on my left side. If I’m in an area that I may need a quick draw, I’ll use the shoulder strap attachment, but I do find after a long day (and especially after a few hard days) it gives me a lame shoulder on that side, so I tend to carry my rifle with my barrel poked up through my side compression strap on my bag, so that it’s attached to the side of my bag. It’s still quick to deploy, but not as quick as using the shoulder strap front carry.

I’m am huge fan of kifaru’s product, but after my last order from them in November, I won’t be ordering from them again.

On another note, if I was to want another bearer, I’d build my own. Basically is just a pouch attached to your hip belt that cradles the butstock.
    Last edited by decker9; 01-02-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Very captivating read. You know a story is good when you're just casually browsing a forum for a few minutes and end up spending 30 minutes slowly reading through every post.

Congrats! You obviously worked hard for that ram and deserve the success.

Great hunt, great pics and great writing!

Amazing story, write up , and photos! Inspiring! Thank you for taking the time to share!

Thanks fellas, cheers!

Wow time flies hey, seems like yesterday we were writing these stories.

Might be time for another one