Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frozen meat shipping and storage?

frozen meat shipping and storage?

I'm planning a 2 month family trip next July/August, plan is to spend a month on Haida Gwaii for fish and deer and then head up past Dease for Goats, Caribou and Moose then head back to Abbotsford in time for the start of the school year..We will be packing a 7 cu ft freezer but plan on filling it a few times..

Anybody know of any companys that will ship and store frozen fish and game for a resonable price? Or my other thought was to just ship it to Abbotsford and have a buddy who could throw it in our big freezer back home..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: frozen meat shipping and storage?

Best bet would be to get it into your freezer at home likely.

Best of luck on the journey! I've been on a couple multi month trips but never for hunting.... One day!

electricdyck...ha i am planning the same...
    are you going to make some youtube videos?
    my son turns ten next july so thats the birthday trip of a lifetime...

with differenr family and freinds meeting us at different legs of the trip...i was contemplating sending them home with my meat as we go.

that said air canada cost a dollar per pound maz parcel 50lbs...i brought to coolers waying 49lbs back from rupert and one was considered my luggage so i paid 49 dollars for the other one.

Yeah trip sounds exciting for me, with 13 and 14 yr old boys they will be missing their friends and are not as excited as me but this will be the last time we do a long family trip like this for a while so should be some good memories.

I was hoping for shipping a little more cost effective..last time we filled the freezer it was 550lbs of fish and deer..as the date gets closer I will contact some freight companies just thought I'd post on here to see if anyone had done something like this before..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Shipped all my frozen fish back from Haida Gwaii this summer. I took it as checked baggage and paid extra for overweight. Air freight is pretty expensive from there but if you want to play you must pay.

Hmm I'm sure we could last until we were off the island even if we had to rotate from freezer to coolers and ship from Terrace to Quesnel before heading north..

there must be millions of reefer trucks headed south empty a month..

Yeah maybe even find something on the island..I know they load quite a few on the ferry the few times we traveled that route..

Did you ever find a more cost effective way to ship meat south from northern bc?