Thread: Cancelling a Permit to Accompany

Cancelling a Permit to Accompany

So a friend of mine is just completing his CORE and will be a new hunter this year. He has a son (21 years old) who would like to try it out as well. But because the son has spent most of his time out of province this last year for school, he doesn't qualify as a resident. The only way he can try out hunting is if someone does a "Permit to Accompany" for him. Since his dad is a new hunter, he can't apply for the permit, so they asked me if I would apply. I agreed since they were going to be hunting with me anyways. So we made the application about a week ago or so online through the E-licensing website. I must say that my friend the dad was doing all the research on the application and such and we used his credit card to make the purchase.

However, plans have changed and his son can no longer join us, so we no longer need the permit. My friend the dad was told that we can go back onto the E-licensing site and cancel the application and have his credit card refunded. Well, I was just on there, and I can find no way of cancelling it, not even a mention of what to do if you wanted to cancel (don't you just love government websites???).

So has anyone had experience in this and know what to do? Do I visit another website? Is there a number I can call. Or do I just visit Service BC to straighten this out?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cancelling a Permit to Accompany

Tags and leh applications are non refundable....would be suprised if the permit to accompany application fee was.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Tags and leh applications are non refundable....would be suprised if the permit to accompany application fee was.
    Yes, but it can take up to a month for the application to even be approved. So an approved permit may be non-refundable, but we are waiting for approval still, so I would think we should be able to withdraw.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

i would go service bc ..desk..yes i know sometimes long line ups..unlees ya live in small city ..like me

Take a look at section 11.01(b) of the Wildlife Act General Regulation (a regulation under the Wildlife Act itself) for residency exemptions/allowances related to university students, might help for next year.