Thread: Muskwa-Kechika Access Management Area

Muskwa-Kechika Access Management Area

Been doing lots of research for this new area to me... and want to verify my plans.

Can someone verify that the Redfern Lake ATV trail is legal for vehicles under 500kg for the purpose of hunting?

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Muskwa-Kechika Access Management Area

Check the new hunting regs, weight limit has bee increased to 750kg and yes the trail is open

Quote Originally Posted by robert05 View Post
    Check the new hunting regs, weight limit has bee increased to 750kg and yes the trail is open
    Thanks Robert05, I was reading that 750kg change as per only for the Toad River Exemption area.

Access route that were previously 500 kg are now 750 kg, also all access corridors, that we for ATV use are now only 10 meters off existing trails.

1. 1 Section 2 of the Public Access Prohibition Regulation, B.C. Reg. 187/2003, is amended

1. (a) by striking out “Map No. MK2010” wherever it appears and substituting “Map
        No. MK2018”,
      2. (b) in subsection (5) by striking out “weighing less than 500 kg on or within 400 m”and substituting “weighing less than 750 kg on or within 10 m” and by striking out“thick green line” and substituting “green line”, and
      3. (c) by repealing subsection (6).

This web site has all the changes regarding hunting and access. Included is a map of the access corridors in the M/K
    http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/mo/mo/2018_m235