Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saying Goodbye...

Re: Saying Goodbye...

Very sorry to hear Matt, from what I know of you, I am sure you gave her a life most dogs would envy.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Sad to hear it
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I cant recall if it was here or on one of the other many forums, but I do remember seeing the posts when you first got her. It seemed she came at a time when you needed her and she clearly gave you her all.

It it makes me sad to think that such a creature has come and left this world through such a short period of our lives. I hope it gives you some solace to think that myself and others like me have also kept tabs throughout her life and gained joy from watching her grow.

I think what im trying to say is, thank you. Thank you for all you contribute and for sharing so much, happy and sad. Those of us that are paying attention surely enjoy your contributions.

I hope the mrs., the remaining pups, and yourself, can find some peace.

Brad

Thumbs up Re: Saying Goodbye...

Again Thanks Folks.
    We have been through this before, but it never gets any easier...
    The kind words help, and are appreciated!

A quote from a good Friend this morning:

Fragile Circle

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
    live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
    never fully understanding the necessary plan.

Irving Townsend, "The Once Again Prince," Separate Lifetimes, 1986

Damn Straight "We Would Live No Other Way"...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

So sorry to hear of your loss... Sounds like she had a long love filled life can't ask for than that.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Some very touching words sent your way Iron Nog. Hope this helps for the time ahead . Sorry for the loss of part of your family !
    Arctic Lake

I was wrong to think it is going to be easy loosing a Dog until we lost Sparkey last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholast View Post
    I was wrong to think it is going to be easy loosing a Dog until we lost Sparkey last year.
    Just lost my best friend. “Moose”. An old English Bulldog. Not a hunting dog by definition but he didn’t know that. Shed hunting, hiking, elk and deer scouting....he couldn’t get enough of it. His passionate disrespect for bears was truly admirable. I know in my heart he would have laid on the line any time for my wife and I. There’s a huge hole in my heart and home without him.
    A dog is an irreplaceable companion.