Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye...

Saying Goodbye...

Just over 11 years ago, this little bundle of fur and energy bounded into our lives and completely captured our hearts.
    She meshed so well that it was like she had been explicitly designed for just that.
    As time went on, she developed into my Lady's Constant & Loving Companion, Guardian of us all - the house & yard & her pack, Mate to the mighty Amaruq, and mother to no less than 22 kiddies. Many of those kids have gone on to bring more of her clan into this world, and their kids have done the same. Life for her, and us, was a terrific run... Always happy, always full of joy and always loving...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Unhappy Re: Saying Goodbye...

It is with profound sadness that I write today of her wandering.
    The cancer she so bravely fought came back, Aggressively so. And this time She could not win...
    Yesterday afternoon our little girl left this world while wrapped in our loving arms.
    Saying Goodbye was one of the hardest things we have ever done, and the sense off loss runs very very deep.

Her mate Amaruq is lost.
    He constantly wanders everywhere looking for her, and trying to entice me to do the same.
    He knows, but he doesn't want to...

The eye water has nearly run the well dry...
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 08-09-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Unhappy Re: Saying Goodbye...

So, I pay to her my final tribute.
    You were a very special Gal, one who was deeply loved, and who loved deeply in return.
    You will never be forgotten my Gal, and always remembered with the fondest of hearts.
    Your Legacy is well represented in the many pups you brought into this world, and mothered so well.
    They and their children will ensure your light, and your line, never fades.
    For now you rest easy my Lady. The pain is far behind you now.
    And rest assured, when our time has come, we will be looking for you on the other side...

RIP Asuilu my Love...

Sadly,
    Matt

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Saying Goodbye...

Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine .....
    so sorry Matt

It’s always tough to lose part of the family Matt.

Sincere condolences Nog, never easy to accept.
    Our old girl is nearing the end of almost 16 years of bringing incredible joy to us.
    Fought, and beat cancer but the ravages of age are unforgiving.

Dam Matt I feel for you buddy
    Been through a few things in this life and I can honestly say putting down my friend is definitely one of the hardest things a man has to do just went through the same thing
    took a bit for our other dog to get over it too
    Last edited by silvertipp; 08-10-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Sorry for your loss Nog. So sad to hear. Hang in there.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

The toughest losses in life are sometimes our outdoor companions. They say you can't buy friendship, but dogs prove that to be false. I've bought some of my best friends, my dogs.
    Condolences.

Jeez Nog that’s tough buddy - sorry for your loss mate, here’s something someone sent to me when I lost my dog a little while ago...

“When God had made the earth and sky, The flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals, The fish, the birds and bees.

And when at last He'd finished, Not one was quite the same, God said, "I'll walk this earth of mine,And give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide, And everywhere He went, A little creature followed Him, Until its strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth, And in the sky and sea, The little creature said, "Dear Lord, There's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him, "I've left you to the end, I've turned my own name back to front, And call you DOG, my friend."

Author unknown
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!