Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree stand

Re: Tree stand

We should not be building permanent stands on Crown land. Period.

If someone builds a permanent on Crown land, that structure becomes a feature of the land, of the Crown land. It is fair for anyone to use. First come first serve.

If you erect a manufactured stand, that is removed at the end of your hunt, that stand is your property, and it should be respected as belonging to someone. Leave it alone and hunt elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I have destroyed a couple "homemade" tree stands that were abandoned and were garbage left for me and others to enjoy.
    Was tired of stepping over wire, plywood, boards with 6" spikes sticking out not to mention the safety hazard for another hunter who tries to use one of these tree stands.

Speak for others , mine are made of biodegradable rope and trees with maybe 4 screws. And a sheet of plywood. And your going to have to be pretty hardcore and know the spot to even have a chance at finding them. And if your stupid enough to climb up a tree into a structure that you have no clue how it’s built, well maybe you deserve to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Speak for others , mine are made of biodegradable rope and trees with maybe 4 screws. And a sheet of plywood. And your going to have to be pretty hardcore and know the spot to even have a chance at finding them. And if your stupid enough to climb up a tree into a structure that you have no clue how it’s built, well maybe you deserve to fall.
    I dont go hunting for treestands, but when I find a pile of garbage,,,do you take your plywood and other materials out when your done with your stand? good, good on you for packing out what you packed in...
    99% of guys dont, and thats the problem,,,, it becomes garbage.
    and your right some people deserve to fall out of an unknown treestand, especially the curious youth.

I sold the tree stand and opted for a pop up blind. And the bonus is you don’t have to get off the ground.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I sold the tree stand and opted for a pop up blind. And the bonus is you don’t have to get off the ground.
    Both have there place and locations where one is effective well the other is not

Got to have both in my opinion