Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree stand

Tree stand

Looking for a 1.5 or 2 man tree stand. Any recommendations? With Wholesale closing, there is very limited supply in the Prince George area.... Cabela’s will ship, but it’ll set me back 50$ to ship.

Recommendations for easy set-up, price, quality!

Thanks,

enjoy your long weekend !

Dave
    Hunt Life

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tree stand

You can make one for next to nothing with materials in the bush, some hand tools rope a impact and screws and a sheet of plywood
    Suggest 2 men for building it. Hide it good and you have a comfy tree stand for years to come. Me and a friend have 3 built in reg 3.
    2 have roofs you could sleep up there if you wanted. On the plus side your ass won’t go numb sitting on a tiny seat

just a thought , it’s worked well for us.

Good luck. Canadian tire sucks. Even with their new “gun” counter. Everything else is plane ol cheap crappy tire stuff.

Cableas has free shipping today

Lonewolf sticks with a millennium stand. It’s the most comfortable stand i think and a lightweight setup. You just pre set the chain on the tree and come in and hook stand to it.

Yea we’ve got a couple built in region 3 as well. But I’d like to have 1 moveable stand that I can get up in the air a little higher then I’m comfortable building one to. Appreciate the thought though! Handmade is the best!
    Hunt Life

Yea, there’s an additional charge for oversized items. They cover the 19.95. But they hammer you with extra freight for about 46$
    Hunt Life

I like the idea myself of building one on the cheap , but some useless pricks feel as if its on crown land anyone can use it . First come first serve so to speak. I know someone would bleed if they pulled that shit . All the best bud .

Quote Originally Posted by bigneily View Post
    I like the idea myself of building one on the cheap , but some useless pricks feel as if its on crown land anyone can use it . First come first serve so to speak. I know someone would bleed if they pulled that shit . All the best bud .
    Is that not how it works?
    If a stand is on crown land who owns it? Technically if you built a stand on crown land you have used our trees to do so. So does that not make it our stand? And how do I know you built said stand? If you leave some sort of proof of ownership then a anti might come by and report you for polluting and the ministry will make you take it down or charge you $2000 to burn it down. If you don't leave proof of ownership why should I believe you that you built the stand. Could have stumbled across it same sort of way I did.

I love building permanent stands, no 2 are ever the same and a good way to burn up a afternoon. It does push my buttons when I get up early and go to a stand and there is a truck already parked there. But in all honesty there isn't much I can do about it unless it's on my land. Then I raise a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigneily View Post
    Is it ok to sit under a built stand or put your own in a tree next to it?

If not I better start building my own stands in all my spots to reserve them lol. Technically it’s against the law to build a permanent structure in the bush without a permit so might want to relax on the whole issue

I use all hang on stands because building stands is advertising your location. No you don’t need to hang stands weeks in advance either I have had success within 1 hr of hanging a stand. I stopped building stands years ago because of how they advertise hunting spots.

I have destroyed a couple "homemade" tree stands that were abandoned and were garbage left for me and others to enjoy.
    Was tired of stepping over wire, plywood, boards with 6" spikes sticking out not to mention the safety hazard for another hunter who tries to use one of these tree stands.