Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    As stated above, under 16 does not need a license or stamp.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/r...miere-eng.html

Edit: I stand corrected.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 08-27-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Meh ... I dont think I'd want my youngsters thinking that is fishing. I'd probably introduce them once they're old enough to understand its "going out to get some cheap meat" and not "going fishing"
    to each there own, but remember super dad..... opportunities are being taken away at an alarming rate. Fishing pike minnow’s out of a ditch in Abbotsford ain’t the same.....
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

From the Freshwater Fishing Regulations:

IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 AND A RESIDENT OFB.C.:: You may sport fish without any licence orstamp (but must abide by the regulations). You do not need to be accompanied by alicence holder. You are entitled to your own quota of fish.

So if I am out with my 7yr old and she needs a bit of help (one of my hands on the rod or adjusting drag or whatever) she can keep two herself.

That being said, can I hook the fish then hand the rod off to her to fight? Am I splitting hairs?
    Just to be clear, that is true in non-tidal waters but it is not true for tidal waters and while the license is free it also requires a salmon stamp which may cost (they are not entirely clear on that in the regulations).

So... just where are you planning on fishing as it matters.

Cheers, Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

So how is the fishing this weekend? Friday evening was super slow.

Slow today..with small bursts of excitement
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

guest Guest

Its been an excellent season year for Salmon and a great run for the sox.
    Weve had several days of numerous limits off the south and north arms of the Fraser. Still tons and huge schools on the sounders.
    Looking forward to return in 2022 if our Governments dont give it all to the FN bevore then .
    Get out there and enjoy the last kick at er.

Yep was a great opportunity to enjoy some productive fishing, eat some fresh on the bbq and have a little extea to can and smoke.

Never fished the fraser river flossinfg fishery before and heard a lot of talk of fights and assholes but never once did i experience it in fact it was the opposite..I heard of some fights but never saw them. Surprising when your fishing 8 feet from someone whos casting a 20 ft leader lol

The bars were messy and everytime i went i cleaned all the line and garbage in the 20 x 20 spot i put my gear down in..some guys took garbage bags of line home and i even saw a guy with a rake cleaning up line in the water...if a few more people did this it could make a huge difference!
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 09-03-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

So how is the fishing this weekend? Friday evening was super slow.
    we got out Friday...lines wet by 7:30, limited out by 11:30....lots of boats...no wind till mid day..tried for some springs after limiting on sockeye but only got 3 dogfish in an hour so we packed it when the wind started to stiffen

Went out Sunday afternoon with two oldest kids. Took one home. Was very slow. Went out at crack of dawn yesterday and limited out. Caught 2 within half hour of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Yep was a great opportunity to enjoy some productive fishing, eat some fresh on the bbq and have a little extea to can and smoke.

Never fished the fraser river flossinfg fishery before and heard a lot of talk of fights and assholes but never once did i experience it in fact it was the opposite..I heard of some fights but never saw them. Surprising when your fishing 8 feet from someone whos casting a 20 ft leader lol

The bars were messy and everytime i went i cleaned all the line and garbage in the 20 x 20 spot i put my gear down in..some guys took garbage bags of line home and i even saw a guy with a rake cleaning up line in the water...if a few more people did this it could make a huge difference!
    Unfortunately there’s more people who don’t than people that do, getting snagged up in a couple hundred feet of braid that’s hidden underwater is always nice.