Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

If these dicks(sorry for the bad pun) are exposing themselves, that can lead to criminal charges.
    Being drunk is no excuse for committing these types of crimes...
    Mind you a well placed steelie from a slingshot might convince the slobs to keep their junk in their pants...

Total subject change:

How does the rules about kids own quota apply?
    Do they have to actually reel the fish in? Have a hand on the rod? Would like to get them in on it as well as increase the overall take home. They are 7, 5 and 3 so they definitely can't handle the 10'6" rod and a 8-10lb salmon alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Total subject change:

Do they have to actually reel the fish in? Have a hand on the rod? Would like to get them in on it as well as increase the overall take home. They are 7, 5 and 3 so they definitely can't handle the 10'6" rod and a 8-10lb salmon alone.
    As far as I know kids without a fishing license do not have a quota, it goes on your license.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Total subject change:

Its no different than hunting they have to legally do it on there own ... that's like saying my kid can touch my gun in youth season while I pull the trigger and punch his "youth" tag.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    As far as I know kids without a fishing license do not have a quota, it goes on your license.
    From the Freshwater Fishing Regulations:

IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 AND A RESIDENT OFB.C.:: You may sport fish without any licence orstamp (but must abide by the regulations). You do not need to be accompanied by alicence holder. You are entitled to your own quota of fish.

So if I am out with my 7yr old and she needs a bit of help (one of my hands on the rod or adjusting drag or whatever) she can keep two herself.

That being said, can I hook the fish then hand the rod off to her to fight? Am I splitting hairs?
    Last edited by ekul246; 08-27-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    Kids get their own quota if they have a salmon sticker.

...and the free licence of course.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Kids get their own quota if they have a salmon sticker.

...and the free licence of course.
    As stated above, under 16 does not need a license or stamp.

As stated above, under 16 does not need a license or stamp.
    Really? No wonder I've seen so many people hauling infants out there lol

Hook the fish, hand off to the youngster and watch the smile on the face! Another fisher is hooked for life.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    Hook the fish, hand off to the youngster and watch the smile on the face! Another fisher is hooked for life.
    Meh ... I dont think I'd want my youngsters thinking that is fishing. I'd probably introduce them once they're old enough to understand its "going out to get some cheap meat" and not "going fishing"