Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

So ok, you all know sockeye are schooling fish right? They will not be bank to bank the whole stretch of the river, when they have openings down river expect to see slow fishing. I will be at the top of Harrison bar tomorrow drinking beer and collecting agates, watching down the bar, when I see 2-3 fish on, I will pick up my rod and kill some fish.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    So ok, you all know sockeye are schooling fish right? They will not be bank to bank the whole stretch of the river, when they have openings down river expect to see slow fishing. I will be at the top of Harrison bar tomorrow drinking beer and collecting agates, watching down the bar, when I see 2-3 fish on, I will pick up my rod and kill some fish.

Sounds like fun - it could get busy tho' take extra beer - lol!
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

Pretty hot out there,sportsmen should be comeing in out of the sun soon,any reports on the fishing opening day?
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Petros65 Guest

100% ---- its only a gong show when a handful of people think that they have sole exclusive rights to a spot. The reality is that any fisherman wants a chance to catch a fish or two. The season is short and the fish are plentiful so its going to get crowded. I too have met many good people and had lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GordJ View Post
    So you’ve never fished the sockeye run but you have already decided that it is a gong show? I’ve driven the river from Chilliwack to Hope during sockeye season and witnessed over a thousand people who, in the majority, were having a ball and weren’t aware that it was your gong show. Why not stay home and hang on to your prejudices?
    Rarely have I gone fishing and not met someone new that made the day more interesting, even during the “gong show”.

some people consider fishing anywhere you could cast and hit someone else a "gong show"...me included....but I grew up in a place where if there was someone else at a spot you went somewhere else...for me, I was indoctrinated to feel fishing is a means to escape the hustle and bustle....just like some do not want to hunt in an area where others are hunting....I would try launching up at Harrison mills and take the short boat ride to the Fraser

Went out for a couple hours with the kids. Fished 1 rod in a couple spots and didn’t touch a fish. Saw 2 fish out of 300 or so rods and the consensus was fishing is slow. One fella had 4 but had 6 hours on 4 rods to get them. I’m going to wait a couple weeks to go out again unless I hear otherwise.

Went to agassiz near spaghetti bar and stayed 2.5 hours. There were about 15 guys there and I didn’t see anyone catching. Then, we dropped by peg leg bar on way back and talked to a few guys and sounds same there. Apparently a 3, or 4 guys caught a few small ones, but it was slow fishing. Maybe end of week will pick up. I was surprised, although busy, not crazy busy. There were a few spots on way that had a lot of cars though, so maybe other spots were jamming

​been here about an hour, I’m done ✅
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

well the natives jad the comercial opening in advance..read fisheries notice...

I heard there was possibly going to be a commercial opening in the river the next couple day,anyone heard anything?If so the river will be vacuumed clean for 2-3 days
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"