Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

Thanks all. Will give it a shot

I'm heading down tommorow with a buddy and his jet boat. I learned quickly that you have to have some kind of boat to get away from the crowds. I have been to pegleg bar when there is people shoulder to shoulder fishing but a quick trip over to the other side in a little boat and your fishing with way less people. I tend to fish spagetti bar but it changed and now you have to go up and around the corner. Have fun and stay hydrated it going to be hot.

Just below Rosedale bridge, Ferrie Island bar, parking lot side will be busy but I think the water should still be high enough to keep people from driving, wading over. Maybe kayak over? Will be current running through their use discretion.
    Last edited by lip_ripper00; 08-06-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

If I were you I would put in at the Agassiz bridge and float down there is some good fishing just down from the bridge but you will need a pick up at the next bar down
    i believe it at the end of gill rd

Awesome advice guys! Cheers

Went out and fished the ocean on Saturday, hooked 4 sockeye, lost 2 at the boat, a couple under size springs and lots of shakers around, I wouldn’t worry about getting out for another week or so in the upper river.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Went out and fished the ocean on Saturday, hooked 4 sockeye, lost 2 at the boat, a couple under size springs and lots of shakers around, I wouldn’t worry about getting out for another week or so in the upper river.
    you mean Lillooet is upper river?

I meant the non tidal portion of the Fraser, from mission up, I’d wait on bottom bouncing for another week or so.

The test sets at Whonnock aren’t that good yet..
    But when they have commie openings the river takes a few days to fill back up.
    I might go out for a look see tomorrow. I will likely anchor mid river and fish out of my boat.

Driving over the golden ears saturday no shit the test fishery poor at mission. Suprised there were any fish at mission.