Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

there open cause we cleaned her out...lol

Just as i figured its dfo's usual strategy..They know the numbers going thru the counter east of Mission..I said to stevie yesterday bet the returns arent that strong for the opening....well we still have a few weeks for things to pick up
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Went to the Wack today drove hwy 1 there and 7 back. Ho leeee fak I've never seen anything like it. I've seen a lot of busy fishing spots but nothing like this. I bet I saw 500 vehicles? And that's just what I could see from the highways I think half the boats that float in the lower mainland were out there too? lol

But hey. I'm spoiled. 20 plus years on the north island and a lot of northern BC time will do that I guess. Anyways lots of folks seemed to be smiling so its all good. The only sign of success was a boat anchored by the Hope bridge that looked like he was playing a nice snagger. Think I'll just sit here and watch'm swim by
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Nothin like a good fist fight at the river ...
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    Nothin like a good fist fight at the river ...
    Word. But Its a lot harder to slash tires these days that's taken a lot of fun out of it
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

oh when they commercial open first the only fish that will be caught fit through the 5 and 1/4 inch net squeekers 3pounders with net marks.. tonight on 50km of river there will be a boat every 300meters ready to set net thats thats 200 boats that will take 300-500 fish a peice starts at 7 am...thats 100,000 fish will die tommorow. no sense cating boys from mission bridge oute this first wave is gone...

Going camping .. Didn’t go out yet. Low numbers so far.
    next week maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    I heard there was possibly going to be a commercial opening in the river the next couple day,anyone heard anything?If so the river will be vacuumed clean for 2-3 days

yep it’s going to happen, I will go back up and fish tomorrow, should be okay , I want to hit the chuck on th weekend
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    I heard there was possibly going to be a commercial opening in the river the next couple day,anyone heard anything?If so the river will be vacuumed clean for 2-3 days
    No need to have "heard" anything. You don't have to be a member of a secret society, know the special handshake or even have an exclusive decoder ring.

It's on DFO's fisheries notices for anyone to read.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sa...=211538&ID=all
    Last edited by Hublocker; 08-08-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Anybody know if you can fish Laidlaw yet? As I recall, that bar was accessible later than others as you had to wade a pretty good stretch of water.
    tight lines...
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat