Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

Guys, what did the commercial opening do? Is tomorrow worth going in hopes of a quick limit out? My old man has the day off and wants to get some in the freezer

Went out last night. Caught one. Nobody else catching much. Out again crack of dawn this morning, it was dead and nobody catching. Then suddenly, everybody catching. Limited out. Couple guys landed a spring each. One was about 20lbs. Another one dragged the guy half way down the bar before popping off.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Guys, what did the commercial opening do? Is tomorrow worth going in hopes of a quick limit out? My old man has the day off and wants to get some in the freezer
    what part of the river are you fishing? We ran the gauntlet going out Tuesday, will pretty much empty the river until tomorrow around mission
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

So probably not good for herrling/laidlaw until about Sunday then??

That would be my guess, still going to be fish in the river but could be slow
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Thanks!! Indont know if I'll go with him but if I so I'd rather be in and out within an hour ... so probably best to delay it a day and let em come up

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    You rigging up guts and bellies together? You do the stocking bag or straight onto the hook?

Guts on one and belly on the other. Guts I run straight on the hook this time of year, usually don't last too long doing this but I find if there is a fish willing to bite it will be quick and hard, no tap tap tap. Just bang fish on.

Belly I rig up like a ooolie, wrap and through a few times then have the hook shank buried in the middle and half hook hanging out near the bottom. I then wrap it in spider wire nice and tight which I find helps it from spinning. I find doing this you don't get the tap tap tap, if a fish touches it the hook will be in there and its game on right away. Have hooked 3 on belly these past few days where it was a small bend then tip in the water and line screaming before you can get the rod out of the holder.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

There is a ton of fish just entered the river, should be great fishing above mission next week

busy at the bars today?

A zoo but when you are in a jet you can get away from the masses. Limited out in 2 hours 4 of us in the boat .