Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sockeye tomorrow

Re: Sockeye tomorrow

ha ha yes i was going to do a jet boat hotdog tackle service lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's enough outa you

Quote Originally Posted by twoStephenO
    Lol it's funny because that's exactly how it spreads .... most of the guys out there that dont know what they're doing just heard from a guy at work how hot the fishing is so they all go. Some are very I'll informed as well.

While surveying the popular bars on Saturday I even saw some people walking in and casting lures ... a guy there was pretty quick to let them know that would be one giant waste of time.

Good thing theres a mobile tackle store now at Laidlaw .... guy selling everything but cold beers out of the back of his truck.

Opening up a hot dog stand wouldnt be a bad idea .....
    No doubt it brings newbies to fishing, I've seen a lot of new combo rods walking out of Can Tire, Cabellas etc the last couple weeks by folks that I'm sure are brand new to fishing. I haven't seen anyone chucking lures but I seem to be an ace at pulling in lost gear and holy disco balls batman.. lol. Leaders with a half dozen beads, enough wool to make mittens, trailing floats off the hook all kinds of weird stuff Some of the beads are huge, not sure how that's supposed to slide through their yaps?

Hot dog stand, gear and cold beer would be a great business model no doubt.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Good2bCanadian View Post
    my hike in spot 5 times in a row.
    You mean herrling island? Lol

Monday was decent, 3 guys and 6 fish landed with 3 lost. Launched at 4:30 and was back by 6:45. Didn't make it out yesterday but heard some areas were slow and others pulling limits in an hour.

Heading out this evening after work.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    That's enough outa you

No doubt it brings newbies to fishing, I've seen a lot of new combo rods walking out of Can Tire, Cabellas etc the last couple weeks by folks that I'm sure are brand new to fishing. I haven't seen anyone chucking lures but I seem to be an ace at pulling in lost gear and holy disco balls batman.. lol. Leaders with a half dozen beads, enough wool to make mittens, trailing floats off the hook all kinds of weird stuff Some of the beads are huge, not sure how that's supposed to slide through their yaps?

Hot dog stand, gear and cold beer would be a great business model no doubt.
    In addition to the rod and reel sales it's the sales of new licenses and salmon stamps that are great. Many people dont buy fishing licenses and tags if sockeye aren't open.

Was out yesterday after work. In 3hrs one guy caught his limit. Nobody else catching

I was out yesterday with a couple of friends after work ..... first time snagging in 14 years. Fish gods, forgive me, for I have sinned :'(

Parents helped me paint the fence over the weekend so I got a couple fish for them. That's my excuse. Lol

3 guys - 6 sockeye 1 chinook - 1.5hrs.

Hike-in spot .... above ferry island but not quite as far as laidlaw. Just for reference on where abouts it was hot.

There were 2 other guys there. No yelling no tangling. It was ok. More people showed up as we were cleaning out fish and they were into their limit by the time we were done. They were moving through big time.

So if you're thinking of going today after work I'd target them at laidlaw or flood hope .... if you wanna drive that far. Depends where you live I suppose.

Good luck.

Went yesterday after work again, a bit slower but most still got their limit. Took a couple hours.

Out last night below island 22. Nada for buddy an I... seen 4 fish pulled in from about 10 boats around us.

Forgot my sturg bait at home.... seen a guy cleaning a fish half km down river. Out of the boat, wade into shore and jogged down river with a cold beer in hand. Offered to clean his fish for guts and a small belly strip in trade for a cold one... got a strange look from him at first lol but got what I needed.

Did a quick drop before last light, I was about to reel in 1 rod and call it a night as the other bent straight down with line screaming. Got a buddy and his daughter into his first sturgeon in over 6 years. Was a riot, nice chunky 7' landed and few quick pics then packed it in.

Out there again today, I see drift nets are open then set nets tomorrow. Will see how it goes... hopefully picks up for the weekend folks.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Gone_Fishin_; 08-23-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

You rigging up guts and bellies together? You do the stocking bag or straight onto the hook?