Thread: Who said safety couldn't be fun?

Who said safety couldn't be fun?

Who said safety couldn't be fun? Noticed this widow maker threatening to fall on our camp while were we shooting bow. A few hours after we took it down a major storm came through, but one less thing to worry about with all the wind and lightning in a one-way-in one-way-out valley.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Who said safety couldn't be fun?

Good job noticing that, they are one of my fears when camping around dead standing...that's why they make 1 of the 5 W's of camping in the woods....wind, water, wigglies wood, and widow-makers..

GOOD ON YOU-

Here’s a widow(er)-maker
    Just a couple weeks ago a Williams Lake woman was killed by a falling tree while hiking near Campbell River.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/w...iver-1.4017548
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

We ended up having a pretty large limb come down about 10 yards from where we were standing at one point. Never would have seen that coming.

The evening brought about a pretty big wind storm with a lot of lightning that looked like it was making ground. Glad the valley didn't light up. For a while we were looking at the mountains across the way and couldn't tell if it was smoke or fog.

No shortage of stuff conspiring but probably the most relaxing weekend I've had in a few years. Great for a long weekend too. We only saw one other couple all weekend we saw them head back down once the rains hit.

Downside was no crayfish in that creek (at least not in numbers to trap) and the rainbows were tiny... largest 5 inches or so.

I wished I had a trailcam and some salt... found some good animal trails in there... might have to go back for a better look