Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuiu review

Re: Kuiu review

Just got my first order, no issues for me... a friend who ordered the same day as me has had a different experience.

My order shipped and he hadn’t heard anything yet. Emailed Dallas at like 10pm pacific, and he replied in 15 minutes. Some back and forth, eventually order confirmation sent but he accidentally ordered the guide vest not jacket. Kuiu USA cancelled order, he had to call USA to find out what was going on, everything was straightened out, new order shipped... was supposed to arrive Tuesday but townhouse number wasn’t on whatever Canada post had (it was on the order confirmation, apparently) so they are sending it back to California. He tried to call and tell Canada post his house number but they said it was too late, once it was in the system that was it. Now he has a friend trying to grab it in a sorting center before it gets state side and this process starts again.

I have had zero issues, and WILL order again. My friend has and is still going through issues and I’m not sure what he will do next time.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I’ve been wearing the gear for several years and few complaints. It fits me really well and the customer service has been great.

I talked to the service rep in the states and did not come away with a great feeling. I’ll follow up today and then start getting serious if I’m not satisfied.
    Did you get hold of Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I have never heard of a Leaky KUIU Tent. Geoff i know Dallas the KUIU rep very well, he actually lives in Red Deer. Ya if you need to talk i can you guys up to. He will call you back immediately.He tries his best to make sure everyone is treated well and in a timely manner.
    I like KUIU worn it for years but their getting ridiculous expensive ....
    Well you must of been hiding under a rock or something then, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    LOL .... Its like the ford 6.0 ... you hear of issues all over yet people still continued to buy them :/

Awesome clothes too .... just too damn expensive. I cant pay $400 for a jacket to roll around in the dirt in.

I still use my Arcteryx soft shell as my hunting jacket. Its been retired from street wear for some time now but once that falls apart I'll have to get something decent in camo
    Nothing wrong with the good ol 6.0L

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    LOL .... Its like the ford 6.0 ... you hear of issues all over yet people still continued to buy them :/

Awesome clothes too .... just too damn expensive. I cant pay $400 for a jacket to roll around in the dirt in.

I still use my Arcteryx soft shell as my hunting jacket. Its been retired from street wear for some time now but once that falls apart I'll have to get something decent in camo
    i got a 6.0 and kuiu! Everything’s good for me!!
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Best thing to do to buy Kuiu gear is go to their store. I go every year when driving south in the winter. Always have stock and you get to try it on. Works for me

I have no experience with their tents, but have had a problem with their cheaper Teton clothing line which they made good by sending me some of their better stuff. I really like it and with 3 good outing in it still looks new - I'm a fan of Kuiu, but find Sitka better and easier to buy.

Although I have not bought and kuiu gear myself I have friends with there stuff , I like the products for sure . Its just I have a Sitka dealer close and I am the kind of person who would rather try on gear for fit . I am thick and stocky and some companies gear fits differently. Or be able to feel the goods before purchase is all . Hence I am a Sitka guy .

My small order took a week (express post) to arrive. No complaints on the service I received.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

My tent poles showed up last night. Literally on the eve of my hunt. Problem solved by the customer service reps at kuiu.