Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu review

Re: Kuiu review

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    had the same thing happen to me when trying to send some gear to a friend in Seattle. I phoned them the next day and they bypassed the online issue. Sent to Seattle billed Kamloops. Very happy with the phone girl and she took care of it right away.

Bhb

Good to hear! Thanks!

They must have changed that because my last couple of orders all went to my Parcel 24/7 box.

I can't stand Hairston so I'll probably be moving away from their gear...but it's annoying because I *really* like their pants. Attacks are a daily wear for me in the fall/winter/spring. Wish they made Tiburons without the side pockets so that I could wear them golfing.

^ must have. That's exactly where I order stuff too.

I know. That guy seems annoying and like a total douche.

And he hangs out with trump Jr. Icing on the cake

Met him this year in Alaska, spent a few hours talking between/on bush flights and cab ride.

Didn't look very approachable so I left him alone but he came right over introduced himself, asked how my hunt was and chatted about random everyday things. Talked about some future hunting trips. Slung each others gear around between vehicles. When we parted ways he shook my hand again and wished me good luck in the future.

Cant knock him for that.

I was annoyed awhile back when he said "he doesn't make clothes for fat guys and women" because that covers my wife and my dad lol. I wanted to mention that to him but i decided against it.

I also have a love hate relation ship with KUIU gear. I like that its always in stock in my size and ships quick. But I still fall back on Sitka. Usually it comes down to whats on sale, 2nd hand, or whats in stock.

I ordered a few things for the first time a couple weeks ago. Quick shipping.

First was the bino harness, which ended up not being what I was after, it was a little too minimalist and the photos on the site didn't really give a good feel for what it was until I had it in hand.

I also was looking for a mid-wight 1/4 zip layer, bought the Peloton. I am an XL in most things and 'normal' sized, but the thing didn't zip up my neck, too tight. The fabric was light and probably warm, but after feeling it, was relatively cheap and would stink after a few hours of wear, 100% polyester. A microfleece zip from walmart would do the same thing.

I also bought the Peloton briefs by mistake, I thought the were a merino blend, but either way the legs were too skinny, like they were fitted for a road biker. 100% poly boxers, no thanks, after day one they will be rank.

Lastly, and most surprisingly, the flex fit hat did not fit me. I have dozens of flex fit hats all in the same size, so I order the same size, and it was too small.

I felt that for the price everything was, I wanted near perfect fit and higher end fabrics, etc, so I returned the lot.

I suppose if you're into the ultra light stuff, it would be good, but I found the fitment of everything a little odd. Not really knocking it, just wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    lol .... i just tried to order the bino harness from these guys. Got new binos they deserve some protection. Figured Kuiu made one of the better harnesses out there.
    They won't let you use a Canadian billing address and USA shipping address. How lame!

I ain't payin mandatory tax and duties by having it shipped across border. F that. Guess i'll just have my brother from the USA order it for me.
    I think I ran into that issue last time I ordered. I just called in my order, no problem.

I like most of the KUIU clothes I've tried and use the heck out of them: Chugach rain gear, Peloton 240 weight full zip hoody, Attack pants, Super Down jacket and zip-off pants, Guide gloves, zip-off 210 weight long johns and web belt. The Guide jacket did not fit well for me and went back...I did not think it was very warm either. I don't like the Merino zip neck tees as mine did not hold up at all and they stay wet from sweat a long time if it was humid out.

Kuiu is really good at marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Kuiu is really good at marketing.
    As mentioned above the owner does not make clothes for "fat people". If you look on his Instagram hes got training pictures of him on a treadmill hooked up to all kinds of sensors and breathing tubes with a guy holding a clipboard observing his process.

They're all about the "hunter athlete" image. And the push that in all their advertising.

Hell, they got ads with hunters scaling glaciers with full on crampons and ice axes and harnesses ..... I mean do people actually hunt like this?

Anyways .... most of the accomplished hunters I know of wouldnt be caught in Kuiu unless they got it for free. Lol.

We are all guilty of it in some ways. I have a stone glacier pack that even used was absurdly expensive when most guys I know use a $100 pack frame and have killed WAY more game than me.

As I said to a guy I hunted with last year that donned all Kuiu stuff .... it's Gucciflage