Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Hardcore Archery Experience

Re: My Hardcore Archery Experience

all that said i have been putting off string replacment on two of my bows because i do not have time to retune...lol

My experience was similar to yours and I also live 3 hours from a shop. You would think if a customer was shipping their bow to them they would actually make sure it was perfect when shipped out . But I have to credit them with forcing me to learn bow tuning. Now I order way and I mean way better strings from JBK , tune the bow and no peep or tune issues in a year. Strings landed in my mailbox are about $110 .
    The baby remark by a poster was out of line ,maybe she's a HA fanboy and you got her panties in a bunch lol

ha never been to hardcore archery...first time i was in big game archery i was 4 years old wayne treats all his clients well..

a string can slightly twist off line. seen it time and time again...you should go to some 3d shoots and learn basic tunning.

Yuppers , see Wayne at Big Game Archery in Abbotsford !
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Perhaps they did the job assuming the owner was aware/capable of performing the required adjustments that come with shooting a bow.
    I thought it would be fairly common sense that all a shop can do is set these up within an approximation.

Strings twist after shooting. Pre-stretched or not. That means the peep sight and d-loop is going to rotate until the string takes its final set positions. That can only happen after repeated firing. You can't expect a bow tech to shoot your bow all day long.

All he can rightly do is install them at the same height, then it's your responsibility to shoot our own bow and make the final adjustments.

Imo it's crazy that someone would use such an item without the slightest clue how to maintain it. Everything about archery is very personalized. No one can tune a bow for another shooter. The shooter effects how the bow is to be tuned. That tuning is a hell of a lot more than setting pin heights.

I suggest you learn how to set it up. Archery isn't like picking up someone else's rifle and pulling the trigger.

Well you know what happens when you assume
    i can tell you one thing I have used Wayne on several bows and never had to tune a string when it arrives
    as has been stated hear several times it's not hard to do and should of shown up they way the customer asked
    just my two cents

Send it to me I will retune it, shoot it a bit and set it up for you no charge.

Try Dave at Backcountry Sports in Penticton.

missing point boys...you have to know basic maintence on your equipment...i live very remote and going to a shop isnt a option..oh know i lost a fletch...lol

the offer to tune a bow is generous but..its no different than me setting the hook on every fish for my kids and wife...if i teach them to the gain is better..op if you pm me phone number i will talk you through adjustment....while you do.