Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Hardcore Archery Experience

Re: My Hardcore Archery Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Perhaps they did the job assuming the owner was aware/capable of performing the required adjustments that come with shooting a bow.
    I thought it would be fairly common sense that all a shop can do is set these up within an approximation.

Strings twist after shooting. Pre-stretched or not. That means the peep sight and d-loop is going to rotate until the string takes its final set positions. That can only happen after repeated firing. You can't expect a bow tech to shoot your bow all day long.

All he can rightly do is install them at the same height, then it's your responsibility to shoot our own bow and make the final adjustments.

Imo it's crazy that someone would use such an item without the slightest clue how to maintain it. Everything about archery is very personalized. No one can tune a bow for another shooter. The shooter effects how the bow is to be tuned. That tuning is a hell of a lot more than setting pin heights.

I suggest you learn how to set it up. Archery isn't like picking up someone else's rifle and pulling the trigger.
    X47 It helps to have a mentor to show you the ropes when you start bow hunting

In my opinion based on 60 plus restring jobs it should only take 10 shots to settle the strings into the cams then the peep shouldnt rotate anymore on a good quality string.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 08-02-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I had a bow tech in Parksville that had my bow wicked tuned. That was two sets of strings ago, and he no longer tunes/works on bows. This experience will FORCE me to work on my own equipment. I have been hesitant to try and tune my own bow because of the knowledge required to touch this state of the art technology. But I will learn, now! I was happy to pay a bow tech with 35years+ experience to apply their craft to my equipment. But when it seems that all HA did was slap the new strings on and slide a peep in (not with a rubber band style either, otherwise I wouldnt be disappointed) and not even shoot the bow and ship it back without also serving in the kisser knot. Seems like I got rushed out the door.
    If I spent 2+k in their store, I'm sure the peep would be aligned!

Donny.Brooke that is super generous of you to offer your services and help for a fellow hunter. I sure appreciate all your help guys.
    Less than a month now till the bow opener. Good luck you guys!

To his credit, Ken did call me, and offered to pay to ship the bow to and from HA from my location to finish the job. I think with the limited amount of time till the Aug 25th opener, that I will take my chances and YOUTUBE the rest of my tuning to completion. And forego the potential issues with shipping and waiting and needing to practice before its Game ON!
    IMD