Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop The Spray in the Cariboo

Stop The Spray in the Cariboo

So spratlying by the major forrestry companies in the Cariboo is really hitting our ungulate populations. If you have the time please give http://stopthespraybc.com/ a look. The Cariboo is a great place, it’s my home and my favourite place to hunt along with a large number of you. Your time and attention is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stop The Spray in the Cariboo

Tried to sign it, but as usual, they're asking people to share or donate and I just don't have time for that...how come we can't just sign without them asking us to pay money or spend a bunch of time bugging other people..

I follow the Facebook page. Thanks for checking it out.

how come we can't just sign without them asking us to pay money
    Because the money is what they are interested in.

^^^^and that's the problem....I support their endeavor, but it would be nice if we could just sign on line and be done with it.....

You can sign the petition without donating money or sharing.

It's a good cause - this is a big problem that has been flying under the radar.

It's extremely frustrating that this issue is not more widely known or understood. We're denuding interior forests of deciduous growth and then we're surprised that our ungulate populations are in decline. Aspen groves, willow thickets, all critical moose habitat, all being sprayed, all in areas where we're left scratching our heads as to where the moose have gone. Read posts from 10 years ago about hunting in 7-10, just south of PG... then read what guys have to say about it now. It's been sprayed heavily and it shows.

This makes no sense to me...target spraying which will lead to mechanical means of removing the deciduous competition as it doesn't actually remove the requirement of a forest licensee having to meet free growing obligations - or people can actually target the real problem which is stocking standards favoring conifer species and push for more areas of deciduous being allowed (which will lead to less spraying).

Get some local Indians to protest the spraying , worth a try .

Quote Originally Posted by evcity View Post
    It's extremely frustrating that this issue is not more widely known or understood. We're denuding interior forests of deciduous growth and then we're surprised that our ungulate populations are in decline. Aspen groves, willow thickets, all critical moose habitat, all being sprayed, all in areas where we're left scratching our heads as to where the moose have gone. Read posts from 10 years ago about hunting in 7-10, just south of PG... then read what guys have to say about it now. It's been sprayed heavily and it shows.
    What's equally frustrating is the blind trust put into a web page that's chock full of half-truths and bullshit.