Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

Re: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    A louder voice supporting hunting heritage is always a good thing.
    More messaging, one that reflects respect for the resource, the sustainability, the need to invest, the need to protect habitat....delivered on a professional platform. Put a bow on it and sell it.

I have said this before and I will say it again, you have to bring resources to the table in today's world if you wish to implement awareness and change. The "because it's right" expectation simply doesn't work.

Nor does blaming the Fed, wildlife bio's, FN, Gov, or anyone for that matter.

Complaining for change without a clear plan, or the resources to make it happen...well, you have nothing more than a tall ladder without steps (it gets you nowhere).

Fracturing a community into tribes is not a viable solution in my opinion.
    History has proven this time and time again.
    Would agree with a lot of what you posted and well aware

Right now the community is divided without out a solid voice. Solving this is a step that is vital in my opinion. It will not come together as things are at this time. This is also not going to be solved by the same old players under a new brand

As for the clear plan issue this is a huge part of what is missing

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    More BCWF drama ......... Way to go.
    For those that think BCWF is their own saviour to our hunting and fishing rights as residents of BC , get your head outa your backside.
    BCWF is a non profit organization that along with several others that are trying to help Fish and Wildlife province wide.
    It also represents outdoors folk from hunters to hikers, fishermen and women to gold panners, boaters to rock climbers. It also attempts to help keep access to the back country, rivers and lakes for all of us. Hunters and Non hunters included.

Its NOT a Sole hunting club as so many think or should I say expect. What a joke.

Over too many years to remember, the BCWF has done more for Habitat, for conservation, for fish and wildlife, Province wide than any other organization.

Its not not called the BCHunter Federation. Maybe the OP can start a new Fed that can SAVE all things threatening hunters and fishers way of life and all the bitchers and complainers that have nothing else to do with there time then slam those trying to make a differance with our Fish and Wildlife.

It it may be hard for some or several to wrap your head around, BUT ........ It's not all about you..... It's about Fish and Wildlife for generations to come, for all to enjoy ........ And the fine line walked for its use, and its future.

If you think you can do bigger better things ....... Take your head outa your butt and get involved.

I say again, thanks to the BCWF for all you've done in the past, and continue to do.

The self righteous attitude of many never seems surprise me.
    this is a hunting forum..bitching would stop if the Fed left. They are on top of the forum.
    It appears they are going the way of Sierra club ....So if you don’t really represent hunters get off the forum, quit selling hunters quad insurance and tell the truth...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    this is a hunting forum..bitching would stop if the Fed left. They are on top of the forum.
    It appears they are going the way of Sierra club ....So if you don’t really represent hunters get off the forum, quit selling hunters quad insurance and tell the truth...
    Hunters don't care about wildlife conservation? Wow!?! Way to cede the moral high ground. The vegans will be pleased.

Look at the mess...ask why? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OYKFJi_3Y
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    Hunters don't care about wildlife conservation? Wow!?! Way to cede the moral high ground. The vegans will be pleased.
    Might as well invite raincoast....

I don’t want to be a part of an organization that is solely about representing hunters.

Without conservation, there is no hunting or hunters.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I don’t want to be a part of an organization that is solely about representing hunters.

which hunting org is like that? Think about it..Boone and Crockett, Safari cub? Even Goabc

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post

I would say conservation is part of hunting hence why majority of Hunting organizations play a roll in it

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    which hunting org is like that? Think about it..Boone and Crockett, Safari cub? Even Goabc

Isn’t that what some here are complaining about? BCWF is too much conservation and not representing hunters enough?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Right now the community is divided without out a solid voice. Solving this is a step that is vital in my opinion. It will not come together as things are at this time. This is also not going to be solved by the same old players under a new brand
    John, you’re right on the hunting community being divided but not as bad as some might think.
    The drama that plays out on HBC is far from the real world.

Theres still a lot of common goals and objectives that can be worked towards and that’s what will pull hunters back together.

As for this not being solved by the same old players under a new brand, I saw maybe/maybe not.
    One thing these “same old player” have is recognition as to what is wrong with the “old groups” they were once part of.

All the old groups have bagage...a new one that can flush out the shit and move forward working toward the betterment of habitat and wildlife while representing outdoors people and hunters can only be a winner.

For a group to be successful it’s going to need resident hunters, outdoor enthusiasts, resource users and First Nations all at the table.
    Picking battles with stakeholders that should be partners in habitat and wildlife enhancement is pointless.

Some seem to like keeping the post stirred...it’s going to be damn interesting why if and when their agenda shows clear.

One thing to think about is that conservation groups that are mascarading environmentalists and most likely anti hunting motives are not our friends.
    JMO
    Last edited by bearvalley; 07-30-2018 at 06:34 PM.