Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

Re: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Withdraws support of Jurassic classic..wild sheep fundraiser partnered with a couple hunter groups Instead Aligns with raincoast. Yep..no middle finger.
    The Fed voted nearly unanimously to defeat the motion to leave the Jurassic Classic. They are still an equal partner in the Jurassic with GOABC and WSSBC.

What's horribly ironic is how many were up in arms only 2 years ago that the Fed partnered with GOABC. Makes me shake my head....

I never was...but the raincoast sympathizers?...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

I heard they withdrew..guess I heard wrong. Sorry
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

It’s not what I would call a positive if the BCWF was a hunting organization but they are not

BC hunters need to wake up and see this

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    I heard they withdrew..guess I heard wrong. Sorry
    All good. All 3 groups still involved and event is stronger than ever. Pretty cool showcase of collaboration

www.jurassicclassic.ca

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    That's politics. Sometimes you have to align with organizations you don't agree with if the goal is the same.
    I think FESTUS on ''GUNSMOKE'' visited on that very subject,just to study that particular study...GOOD POST!!!
    Thems APACHE out yonder,. save the last bullet fer yerself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is the individual with the massive ego ( paid staff ) would rather work with raincoats and mid level bureaucrats than stakeholders of same mind . Ask yourself why the executive of the fed was unaware of the attack on cattleman and I will bet we’re not aware of joing with raincoast ( which by the way may be a good move to solve that particular issue ). Bottom line is hunters are no longer in charge of the fed, and we can excpect more of back door goat bullshit as we continue

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    The media attention this will gain for conservation of habitat is a good thing.
    I am sure the Fed will benefit as a result.

It is a simple reality that you have commonalities with your foes.

Having said that, on the hunting front it is no mystery there is quite a wedge.
    Perhaps some limited partnerships on shared core value initiatives may allow for more tolerance from some of these groups with respects to our hunting heritage.

Reality is these groups are far better organized and far more savy on messaging.
    True story...... I agree that this alliance is necessary in this particular situation..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    It’s not what I would call a positive if the BCWF was a hunting organization but they are not

THIS! ^^^^^^^^

The BCWF has made it very clear they are a conservation organization first and foremost. They will do what they believe is best for fish and wildlife. Now what they believe to be best changes with who holds power. It used to be that they used to believe hunters and fshers were the key to conservation and the best conservationists. That has shifted and is no longer the case. It is the reality that hunters and fishers must accept.

I am sure this will get me a lot of hate but I am not attacking the Fed. I truly believe that the current leadership has fish and wildlife best interests at heart. That is their mandate and they stick to it. Good for them. But one should also dance with the one who brought them and the BCWF would of been a long forgotten foot note without hunters and fishers.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

In this day and age the structure for conservation takes care of itself through legal hunting fishing methods enforcdd by the law...

The real fight is for the right to hunt, posess firearms and to fish..

I dont come from a hunting family but at age 30 i took the core course i thought the ethics portion taught us to be ashamed of hunting. Its my understanding the bcwf wrote the core?

Whos fighting for hunting and fishing?
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 07-29-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA