Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

anyone else just a little bit pissed that the fed is partnering with Raincoast?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

No not really. It's time all conservation agencies in BC start seeing eye to eye.

YES, and no... sometimes you have to partner with the enemy on some issues, doesn’t mean that they fully support everything they do? All I see on forums and on Facebook is fighting and pointing fingers at each other (hunters/ hunting groups) we will keep falling behind if we don’t set some of our differences aside and work together (I don’t support raincoast/ pacific wild/ or any of those “conservation” groups) We should work together as hunters and outdoorsmen. The BCWF, BHA, and I have faith in safari club international, need to come together. Stop with the BS drama. I bet someone is going to chew me out on even this. Good for the BCWF and BHA hosting a caribou movie and talk in region 2 the other day. Who else is doing those things? Ya I also fully support Steve and the war on wolfs. He’s the one who inspired me to get my trapping license. Everyone has different opinions and ways of helping hunting. Let’s support each other? **** I sound like a hippy mother trying to get help the cousins get along.

How do you see that as “giving hunters the middle finger”? There is nothing to do with hunting, and keeping developers from building on wildspace is the absolute opposite of what you’re saying.

There is a fine line between the true hunter/woodsman and the environmentalist. People who hunt are interested in preserving wild spaces and getting away from the crush of the city and large population centers. Same goes for environmentalists. The only difference is, we as hunters want to (hopefully in a respectful manor) harvest the bounty of the wild spaces whereas environmentalists prefer to get their protein from tofu grown on former South American rainforest lands.

That's politics. Sometimes you have to align with organizations you don't agree with if the goal is the same.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The media attention this will gain for conservation of habitat is a good thing.
    I am sure the Fed will benefit as a result.

It is a simple reality that you have commonalities with your foes.

Having said that, on the hunting front it is no mystery there is quite a wedge.
    Perhaps some limited partnerships on shared core value initiatives may allow for more tolerance from some of these groups with respects to our hunting heritage.

Reality is these groups are far better organized and far more savy on messaging.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

No doubt some Raincoast members have the same response to the idea of partnering with the BCWF. Where interests coincide it makes sense to set differences aside, make common cause and work together

raincoast has some good intent

we need to worry about preserving

Does not bother me-- what we lack is $$$$$. If they can bring that to the fight that will help save habitat.. so be it.

Withdraws support of Jurassic classic..wild sheep fundraiser partnered with a couple hunter groups Instead Aligns with raincoast. Yep..no middle finger.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)