Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peachland to Teepee Lakes

Peachland to Teepee Lakes

Hi,
    Anybody travelled through the Forestry roads roads from Peachland to Teepee Lakes. I am planning on attempting it once it's safe to do so. I see that there's currently a fire around Peachland Creek. Let me know if you've travelled through and if it's safe with a minivan (don't laugh......it's AWD!) or I should take my truck. Alternatively, if anyone knows a way from 97c to Teepee Lakes, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Peachland to Teepee Lakes

Pm sent

I was up at Link/Osprey Lakes yesterday and the air was clear. Don't know what it would be like in the valley down towards OK Lake. You can always come up through Summerland on the Summerland Princeton Rd. to the TeePee L. Rd. turn off instead of taking Princeton Rd out of Peachland to Trout Creek Main.

If you want to get there going off 97C just take the Sunset Main exit, work your way back as if you were going to Hatheume or Pennask L, but don't turn right at the intersection to go under the highway. Go right. You'll go along the power line and past the small turnoff to Sunset L. Just stay on the main road that takes you to Headwater Lakes. Once you're past the lake turn right on Km 20 which is Trout Creel Main. It'll take you the Summerland Princeton Rd. Turn right and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I was up at Link/Osprey Lakes yesterday and the air was clear. Don't know what it would be like in the valley down towards OK Lake. You can always come up through Summerland on the Summerland Princeton Rd. to the TeePee L. Rd. turn off instead of taking Princeton Rd out of Peachland to Trout Creek Main.

If you want to get there going off 97C just take the Sunset Main exit, work your way back as if you were going to Hatheume or Pennask L, but don't turn right at the intersection to go under the highway. Go right. You'll go along the power line and past the small turnoff to Sunset L. Just stay on the main road that takes you to Headwater Lakes. Once you're past the lake turn right on Km 20 which is Trout Creel Main. It'll take you the Summerland Princeton Rd. Turn right and you're good to go!
    Do you happen to know if the slide on Teepee Lake road is cleared. That was our usual way to go up to my parent's place, but according to my dad, there was a slide and the road is not passable.

Quote Originally Posted by heybert View Post
    Do you happen to know if the slide on Teepee Lake road is cleared. That was our usual way to go up to my parent's place, but according to my dad, there was a slide and the road is not passable.
    I hadn't heard it was still out but then again, I wasn't talking to anybody about it. I could find out for you if you can't find out yourself. I know people who live up at Osprey.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I hadn't heard it was still out but then again, I wasn't talking to anybody about it. I could find out for you if you can't find out yourself. I know people who live up at Osprey.
    That would be great thanks. I will try and see if the 3 lakes general store has a number.

Don't worry about the "mini-van".
    Heck, all my dads friends used to hunt with there Volkswagen Buses from the 60's/ 70's!!
    They got everywhere they needed to get.
    Or better yet, the beetle with "oversized" back tires!!

If you try to come up the teepee lakes road from the Princeton Summerland road it is washed out at the 5 km area. Quads and smaller 4x4 vehicles are getting through. It would be best to try from the Connecter side as suggested by others.

Made it through that in my tacoma been washed out since last fall

Quote Originally Posted by heybert View Post
    That would be great thanks. I will try and see if the 3 lakes general store has a number.
    The store has been closed down for quite awhile now. As others have mentioned you can through with a mid size truck.