Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hunting gear for the fat man - where to buy?

Re: hunting gear for the fat man - where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by bearheart View Post
    You can be big and still fit enough to backpack hunt and horseback hunt. I am 6'2" and weigh 310lbs( I used to be even heavier) and have hunted elk, moose, bear, caribou, deer ,sheep and goat successfully. I averaged 8-10km daily last year on foot in the bush hunting moose last year to the amazement of the 30 y.o. guy I was hunting with. Judge not lest you be judged too.

If you put in the effort, take your time and get in the best shape you can ( vis a vis age, body habitus and personal limitations ( arthritis, age, etc.) you can do more than hunt from a blind. I'm getting prepared for a backpack elk hunt this fall right now.

Everybody have a fun, safe season! Even you husky ( that's the size I wore as a kid)guys!
    Well stated man. I’m about the same dimensions as yourself and I never feel it limits my ability to enjoy the outdoors.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Re: hunting gear for the fat man - where to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    Mark's plus sizing is rubbish. there's no standardization between items, what is 3XL for one and 3XL for another, is often not the same. I speak from experience. <_<
    Was just chatting with a coworker about this with Marks yesterday, only we weren't talking about plus sizing. I don't know where they get their house brand made, but I think it's coming from multiple sources, sounds like there's no consistency across the whole range (I'm a M-L).

Whatevers going on, I now try on everything I buy there, which isn't something I do anywhere else.