Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Not much in the press
    jan 2017 http://nstqtreaty.ca/in-the-news-pos...williams-lake/

"Minister Bennett, Deputy Minister Joe Wild, and their Indigenous and Northern Affairs staff left the meeting with a clearer understanding
    of the current issues facing the NStQ and a directive to improve and help streamline the Federal Governments’ involvement at the NStQ treaty table.
    Minister Bennett underlined her complete, unwavering support and commitment to the tripartite treaty process, one which will result in an NStQ Treaty
    that Northern Shuswap First Nation membership will be proud of. Along with Canada, the tripartite process includes the Province of British Columbia
    and the NStQ Nations as the three parties negotiating an NStQ Treaty."
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2018-07-23
    https://www.civicinfo.bc.ca/news?newsid=7339

"The NStQ Agreement-in-Principle lays out the elements of treaty for the four communities, including ownership of land and resources,
    harvesting rights, processes for transition from the Indian Act to self-government, and social services."
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Very disturbing and sad to see 'Beautiful British Columbia' parceled out into multiple kingdoms according to race.
    The treacherous judges/politicians that are responsible for this .........
    This province will never heal and move ahead ....
    Never thought I'd see the end of BC.
    Sad indeed ...

I first learned of this future B.C. back in school, 1989....
    I distinctly recall sitting in class, stunned, stunned by the realization that B.C. is doomed.

This repatriation of land was obvious to a 19 year old that was focused on fishing hunting and girls.

How could the situation be ignored by the people of B.C. for over a hundred years?

These results are the fault of B.C. citizens and the governments they elected, that ignored the problem year after year for generations.
    Last edited by Walking Buffalo; 07-26-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    I first learned of this future B.C. back in school, 1989....
    I distinctly recall sitting in class, stunned, stunned by the realization that B.C. is doomed.

This repatriation of land was obvious to a 19 year old that was focused on fishing hunting and girls.

How could the situation be ignored by the people of B.C. for over a hundred years?

These results are the fault of B.C. citizens and the governments they elected, that ignored the problem year after year for generations.
    We learned about it way before that.
    Yes, if fingers are to be pointed it should be at previous Federal and Provincial Govt's who failed to take action in negotiating treaties decades, if not centuries ago.
    Most of Canada, the main exception being BC negotiated treaties ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    It's a new generation folks, the young people teenagers up to the eldest -- have changed the way things are done, from the 60's to the 2018 we got high tech and the cell phones, cut, paste, and still got human haste, in a hurry, like a flurry of Whisky Jacks being hairy assed by a Raven for mis bee haven and steelin the chunk of meat under his feet.
    Jel -- we gotta stand our ground -- S. tand Y. our G.round -- SYG -- on your own two feet as they hit the Tranquille street -- The Rockumeet
    I strongly disagree with this comment!! Some of the natives want a better life and have pursued higher education and employment and I respect them for their hard work. The rest just want their monthly hand out.

I want it all and I want it now! I'm old, wait any longer on these stall tactics of the whites, the scots, the french, the brits thee Irish keep stalling and now it's face to face on face book. I want some luck like zee Irish,
    Jel -- Let's get this done folks -- then we can move on into the twilight -- Like Bob Segar -- well firm and high -- out in the back street in my 60 Chevy
    ----Werkin on the night moves, Summer time whooo ew -- back rooms allies dusty woods -- Kammy Land -- When yah got Nuttin yah got Nuttin to lose! Nuttin Honey!
    --I got dick folks, I got dick all to lose!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-26-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: HE JUST USE YOU THEN SET YOU FREE

Hmm 3% are indians..97% are not..get those numbers in perspective.
    If the feds province want to give some $..from the Syrian refugee claims..ok..but 210 % of BC is currently claimed by various factions who once went to war with each other..where are the 97 % second nation taxpayers supposed to live.by dismantling BC into small rezervs..you DESTROY BC.Absolute bullshit?.sorry Jello your 1 person amongst that 3%..lol I represent even a smaller percentage amongst the 97% taxpayers
    I do NOT trust any government..native or otherwise..to do any final giving away of BC based on racist demands.to split up the povince for different bands to fight once more who now gets what...

I have already spoke with IRR, mp todd doherty office. .meeting with Donna Barnett 31st...
    Global news is next.not going to lay down and let anyone walk on me IF I can help it.
    Srupp

srupp I dig your pride and ego and wisdom, your upset because of the numbers, and you do NOT trust any government.
    -- one thing as a concerned member I wood think about going on Global News - Just concerned for your well being and safety -
    - Your young handsome brawny face wood be splashed all over BC I ain't telling you what to do, just suggesting something to think about.
    Jel - it wood be you against the entire Indian population -- at Willy's Pond? -- I woody consider that unless you can get your nay bors to go on too with you, then not so bad.
    ------Willy Alphonse Jr. is one of my heroes, he is a legend already in my heart, look up Willy Alphonse Jr. and see a man who stands his ground --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-26-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: All of us will be happy with oil and gas available

Hmm Sage advice..however alresdy had my life threatened by natives last week..thats so 7days old.
    I just think 1/2 dont realize how final giving the land away to 3%..or what it would mean to them.
    I believe you are entitled to 100% EVERYTHING I have..clean water, medical, dental, but also the same responsibilities to work together to make society work for every one.
    Cheers
    Ruppster

Oh oh hey srupp always HBC to help you - we are watching and are concerned.
    Jelly --