Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Gotta be retired or wood not be able to be so open, when employed a person must watch what they say to who?
    Jel -- when retired a person can be more open about anything, not so when employed --
    hate to break it to you jel - there are more than two options between employment and retirement. Most Drs don't consider themselves employees. "No boss" per se.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    My main issue with what you've posted is that you included two articles from questionable sources (Canadian Woman Studies, and Ethnicity and Health) and treated it as if it was gospel. Don't cite poor sources and I'll take you seriously.

Getting back to the topic at hand, how does any of this justify restricting land access to people? The matter at hand is whether or not NStQ first nations should be granted title to a large tract of land, and further, if they should be allowed to tell Joe public that they aren't welcome on that land. I will clarify that this land is currently available for use by all, equally, without fee.
    It doesn't, that is left to the realities of precedents set within the common law. Another endevour where facts tend to matter, and where ad hoc is considered a transparently flaccid position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Try being friends instead of adversary and maybe hunting on land won't be an issue to fight over, butt one to join in togedder.
    Jel -- Like at the Bar -- try being friendly, smiling a bit -- u can meet people, if you want to --
    This is a joke right?? Do you honestly think that us non native people are going to be welcomed with open arms just because we smile?? I'd think that someone with 23,027 posts would have a more indepth understanding of the issue.

[COLOR=#ff0000]My main issue with what you've posted is that you included two articles from questionable sources (Canadian Woman Studies, and Ethnicity and Health) and treated it as if it was gospel. Don't cite poor sources and I'll take you seriously.

How are they biased. You have not made a single factual statement regarding their biases beyond pointing out their title.
    These same findings are also replicated in other studies in BMC Health and The Lancet that I posted earlier, journals you approve of. So these sources can't be so bad after all?
    You are simplybfocusing on two journal titles to avoid the evidence supporting the ideas of differential treatment for FN people that appear in multiple journals.
    There are even some with statistics, though you don't believe in them or seem to know how they are employed.

When defending the articles that you posted you held them up as an example of “more sophisticated statistical modeling” and I’m saying that simple statistics would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    What simple statistics would you use, when you don't have control groups or defined treatments and have multiple covariates and an array of different random and fixed effects?

Statistics - “torture numbers and they’ll confess anything”
    However my, dismissing overly complicated statistical models is the opposite of silly, it’s logical.
    Last edited by jassmine; 08-09-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Congratulations Pemby_mess and jassmine !
    Yet another successful de-rail.
    Job well done.
    You both must be so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Yet another successful de-rail.g
    Job well done.
    One and the same, I've had both on ignore for months now, life's way more enjoyable! K

If the 2 of them would just go AWAY ! RJ

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Yet another successful de-rail.
    Job well done.
    mea no culpa

cant discuss something in a meaningful way when people can't stick to verifiable fact while simultaneously injecting untethered nonsense. Sometimes continuing to sit on easily falsified assertions, and in many other instances peddling unfalsifiable fiction.

deducing everything down to partisanship is an other sure fire way to derail any topic other than one discussin partisanship itself.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    One and the same, I've had both on ignore for months now, life's way more enjoyable! K
    Yup. best thing to do

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    This is a joke right?? Do you honestly think that us non native people are going to be welcomed with open arms just because we smile?? I'd think that someone with 23,027 posts would have a more indepth understanding of the issue.
    why not? If they see that would be a positive step for moving forward. If they're going to continue being the butt end of jokes and subject to constant attack, yeah; then I could see why they wouldn't want anything to do with us. All those stereotypes we keep talking about work both ways.