Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    That's a problem also, living in the past or the future, we must live in the present and deal with each other now! Get this done!
    Jelly Brainz
    Jelvis ..... are you in favour of 'race based' law in British Columbia ?
    Please explain if you have a moment ....
    Thanks,
    ACE

Not sure what race based is, I lived in BC and voted each election for the person I liked rather than who they ran for kinda?
    -- I liked Christy Clark and still do, but she got tricked out.
    Dave Barrett was ndp and I loved the guy
    -- everyone has their day
    To be honest I believe a Higher Power has the last say
    Jel -- as far as this voting among Indians for this different thing, I know nothing about it so ain't voting, IF it ain't broke don't try to fix it.
    But there's always new people, younger generation, who take over, and that is what's happening now, young Popular Prime Minister and young women Chiefs.
    -- new ideas and ways of doing things -- advancing in the world -- Justin makes Donny look his age, justeen's got the looks --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-27-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: All of us will be happy with oil and gas available

rob chipman

thia is the issue I was trying to make about the new private land and the issues around access for hunting and fishing.
    NStQ public lands ( NStQ Treaty Settlement Lands that are NOT NStQPrivate Lands) The only references to "NStQ public lands" Throughout the entire treaty seems to come up only when referring to access for hunting/fishing/recreation and hunting guides access. Which makes me very suspicious what loopholes can be exploited here after the final agreement. Also it mentions we would have to follow provincial/fed/ AND NStQ laws while hunting on "NStQ public lands" (i'm not sure what those laws are or what can be created by them in the future after the agreement is finalized) The treaty also fails to address public hunting/fishing access for the larger NStQ territory entirely, or if we would be required to follow NStQ hunting laws in the larger territory or what authority they could have to control wildlife management/access in the territory.

Just a guess, but this is what is sounds like to me:

NStQ public lands....are like Crown land, you could have access unless there is a law stating otherwise. like the current grazing leases with cows on them, or moose viewing areas

NStQ private lands....are like the farmers hay field

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post

NStQ public lands....are like Crown land, you could have access unless there is a law stating otherwise. like the current grazing leases with cows on them, or moose viewing areas

Pretty much!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post

The difference being that we get to vote for the folks who make the laws regarding crown land. We won't with the NStQ public lands and we will be subject to laws made by those for whom we did not vote.

I suppose it's no different that being subject to a city by-law when you are not a citizen of that city...except now we're now talking about it at the provincial level. Is the Federal Level next?

Seems like a slippery slope to division...

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Trudeau is laughing his ass off right now smoking a big fatty

Yup look at those dumb BCers, we’ll keep that Province in turmoil till the end of time !!!!
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Not sure what race based is, I lived in BC and voted each election for the person I liked rather than who they ran for kinda?
    -- I liked Christy Clark and still do, but she got tricked out.
    Dave Barrett was ndp and I loved the guy
    -- everyone has their day
    To be honest I believe a Higher Power has the last say
    Jel -- as far as this voting among Indians for this different thing, I know nothing about it so ain't voting, IF it ain't broke don't try to fix it.
    But there's always new people, younger generation, who take over, and that is what's happening now, young Popular Prime Minister and young women Chiefs.
    -- new ideas and ways of doing things -- advancing in the world -- Justin makes Donny look his age, justeen's got the looks --
    LOVED Dave Barrett ! now i know for sure you are completely CRAZY ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    LOVED Dave Barrett ! now i know for sure you are completely CRAZY ! RJ
    He didn't answer the question either .....

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    The difference being that we get to vote for the folks who make the laws regarding crown land. We won't with the NStQ public lands and we will be subject to laws made by those for whom we did not vote.

I suppose it's no different that being subject to a city by-law when you are not a citizen of that city...except now we're now talking about it at the provincial level. Is the Federal Level next?

Seems like a slippery slope to division...
    You don't get to vote on any large land holder's internal policies unless you have an ownership stake/management role. Not sure why this would be, or even should be any different. If you were to hunt on their land, you'd be subject to their rules, that of the the province, and the fed's. Again, not understanding why this should be any different?

The position of the FN, is that the crown land was never "ours" to begin with. So from their perspective, they're not really taking anything away from you, but just having what was rightfully theirs all along, restored.