Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

So,,let me get this straight,,,basically, our government handed over the lands within the mapped out bounderies,,and for lack of a better term,its now a seperate country? I mean,,laws,,land title,,taxes trespass fees,,to me,thats a seperate country.Am I reading this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    So,,let me get this straight,,,basically, our government handed over the lands within the mapped out bounderies,,and for lack of a better term,its now a seperate country? I mean,,laws,,land title,,taxes trespass fees,,to me,thats a seperate country.Am I reading this right?
    Yes it appears that way. with all the Self Governance, nation to nation talk. it appears the government is literally setting up separate nations within this nation. They would also control citizenship within their "nation" From what Im reading and understand, from that point on, smaller bands and reservations would cease to exist and become under one larger "nation" title in that region. They must still follow major federal regulations and laws but, still their own nation and can create laws within this nation. Also full ownership of natural resource in these areas and ability to charge companies, rents and fees operating on formerly crown public land. I read one portion stating even with all this the federal and provincial governments still have to pay these nations funding to operate agreed upon services and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Any white person now like Sirloin is saying, good advice! "Do not lose your cool at any time, when dealing with these issues when people are talking!" Any where!
    - If you have a good job and in a position of noteriety and say any wrong thing anywhere and someone records you, --- YOUR FIRED!
    Just like Donny's old popular show everyone loved.
    -- In a position of authority and get picked up on a recording on a cell phone saying something you'd never say in public! Your Fired!
    A cop, a c o a politician, a teacher, picked up on a recording on a personal cell phone -- saying something real foolish? YOUR FIRED!
    Jel -- When out and about now remember your being recorded 24 hours a day now all year long, motion detectors, cameras outside on posts, in yards etc.
    ----------- This is high tech now, you must realize, if you think your just talking to some person only, and they are the only ones that hear it? Your old fashioned now!
    No unneeded nasty confrontations,
    but dont let jelvis bully or scare you into backing down and not standing up for our right to hunt public land and our vision for ALL Canadians being equal under one law without racial supremacy we are seeing. Dont let him scare you into not speaking your minds for the goal of securing our rights to access and hunt and fish public lands for all, and for the futures of our children as well.

Lets do our homework and look into these new treaties and understand where this will leave the MAJORITY of Canadians right to access and enjoy public lands.

We were all born here, live here, work here on this patch of dirt in THIS century, and should share equally in the benefits and the responsibilities to conserve on our public lands and wildlife.

No exclusive rights based on race. These are ideas not of this century.
    Last edited by Sirloin; 07-24-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    No unneeded nasty confrontations,
    but dont let jelvis bully or scare you into backing down and not standing up for our right to hunt public land and our vision for ALL Canadians being equal under one law without racial supremacy we are seeing. Dont let him scare you into not speaking your minds for the goal of securing our rights to access and hunt and fish public lands for all, and for the futures of our children as well.

Lets do our homework and look into these new treaties and understand where this will leave the MAJORITY of Canadians right to access and enjoy public lands.

As Canadians we don't have those rights, none of it, we don't have the right to hunt, to fish, to gather, to even walk on crown land. We don't even have the right to protect ourselves. These agreements will not change any of that, you still have NO rights other than what is covered under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Their getting too aggressive with their rules, taxation and access will see total border blockades
    thus not allowing materials to freely flow either way like other separate countries. Further, if our
    negotiating governments sign an agreement to continue stuffing the new foreign country with our
    tax dollars to provide services within that new foreign country, we know what government not to
    ever support when voting comes along.

The process is happening like your saying in small bands also voting what to do?
    -- Indians are not all sure which way to vote yet?
    I don't like voting at all in any elections in the entire country, but I do cuz that's my only right I have basically.
    Jel -- I ain't trying to scare you at all, you want to be aggressive, and show your emotion and raise your voice in public, if your retired that's different.
    -----------If you have a job, especially a government one, keep your mouth controlled -------- you get paid to do a job --- let others mouth off
    -----you can get (set up real ezee) if your known in the coffee room and some one really don't like you much can give you an unprovoked hassle
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-24-2018 at 10:25 AM.

So tired for this two tier law bullshit. I don't live in the Cariboo region but this sets one hell of a precedent for the rest of Canada.
    I'm curious how federal of provincial law could be enforced or regulated in such a "nation" when they can barely enforce the laws that are in place now.

The separation of wealth between leaders and community is only going to get worse under this model IMO.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    So tired for this two tier law bullshit. I don't live in the Cariboo region but this sets one hell of a precedent for the rest of Canada.
    I'm curious how federal of provincial law could be enforced or regulated in such a "nation" when they can barely enforce the laws that are in place now.

This isn't just one case and one area. This is being pushed all over BC and Canada. Along with many of our k-12 schools having the kids repeat every morning with the national anthem "we are on unceded territory of___" type BS. Universities and institutions repeating these mantras too.

Last edited by Sirloin; 07-24-2018 at 01:27 PM.