Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Arrow Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    I think the only difference for you will be who you pay your taxes to. It wont be to the regional district it will be to the band. And they will set the tax rates!
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    If the provincial government tries to “give” privately held lands away as part of a settlement, they will have so many lawsuits filed against them that it will bankrupt the province. If they remove all public services and assign tax collection duties to the FN, there will also be hell to pay...
    It's called Class Action Lawsuit.
    And BOTH governments involved are very very vulnerable under what is being proposed here.

SRUPP:
    I have your back, regardless of how you want to play this.
    Josey Wales was indeed one of my Heros...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...colonial-audit

A "colonial audit". What in the f***ing hell....

Time to tell the twooth people, we can tweet now, it's a modern world, we can communicate like never b4. I see some people wanting to be forgiven.
    -- Love forgives people, hate condems don't 4 git dat!
    --- people talk on face book and phones and computers now 24 7
    -- can show picture to someone in another country at the same time
    --
    Jel -- we got instant news, we make news, we sell advertising folks, the advertisers got us by the short n curly --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-24-2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: LEH for Kelowna for all hunting of all species including pred

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

First of all, I believe that all people living under Canada's social, financial, and military umbrella should
    have to abide by the same laws and rules. I don't believe in a country within a country. I also believe
    that the Indigenous, especially in BC, got treated as not equal in status, similar to the Chinese immigrant
    workers and the Japanese that were forced from their homes and businesses without proper, if any compensation.
    I have many BC history books that fortify the Indigenous claim they were pushed aside and off their traditional
    living areas (notice I didn't say territories as the Indigenous have claimed far more than is factual) and given
    small parcels of land (Reserves) as the flood of immigrants from around the world simply took what land they
    wished with the encouragement of the new Canadian governments. The Canadian governments have given huge
    amounts of money (I've heard as high as 3 trillion) in an effort to appease or quiet the Indigenous resentment and
    claims of being robbed. It hasn't worked. Considering the world court's position on total reconciliation with all
    Indigenous peoples that were pushed aside during colonization, the longer it goes on, the more the negotiations and
    eventual signing of treaties will favour the Indigenous. Hindsight is always 20-20, but had the Canadian governments
    properly included the Indigenous when they were federated, none of this would have been such an issue today.

Seems to me the logical result of all this is a bankrupt provincial govt

Maybe the way out of this mess is to declare war, claim a win and that all Unceded lands are now ceded.Enough is Enough. They will never stop until politicians have the cajones to deal with this!

More agreements in the works.................This one looks a lot less hopeful, its in earlier stages but no mention of continued public hunting in the area from what I see so far.
    Agreements made with guides and trappers to continue hunting the areas though!

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/en...se_board_d.pdf

Nenqay Deni Accord (The People’s Accord

Has any public hunting interest been approached about this agreement? anyone representing the tax paying public Canadian hunters, BCWF????

Well **** that map above. Thats my moose area all the way down to Carpenter Lake? Wtf...thats an insane amount of land

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Well **** that map above. Thats my moose area all the way down to Carpenter Lake? Wtf...thats an insane amount of land
    Don't worry this is just the beginning. Sirloin is just scratching the surface!