Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    There is a web site for all to comment to on for management of resources ....... It's posted here a couple times.

funny ....... When you bring up legitimate comments or recommendations for FN..... Eg. Total accountability of all harvested game. Total accountability of all Fish netted. When you say same rules for FN as Whitey......The posts are removed...... They will not tolerate any FN comments....... This is a Government site asking for input. Input nothing, their minds are made up already. More smoke n mirrors........ Keep on handing out more and more. Where is incentive to change, to be better, to all be one Canada or Canadians....... It won't happen with agreements like this.

IMO ...... These NDGreens and federal Liberals are the cause of more Racism....... The present problems we have
    are about to get a whole lot worse with agreements like the OP has posted.

Sad times.

one LAW for ALL.
    The definition and birthplace of propaganda, I'm surprised there is a send button on any submission page, because that is this governments favorite. These 2 entities, government and a funded media=a disaster

4 band's demand the complete area from Quesnel lake to the west to the Tchilcotin territory given away by supreme court.
    12 more bands are on the sidelines drooling..to be given to them as their land.
    210 % of BC is claimed..
    My home will become worthless..would you buy a home on a reserve?hmm private property given away...bullshit
    Contacted MP Todd Doherty..
    Contacted Donna Barnett..meeting upcoming
    Premiers office asst refuses to discuss private negotiations..province is negotiating who owns this land, the land my home is on..
    I will be notified of the outcome..
    The province is in secret determaining who gets this land..97% taxpayers..or 3% indians..and no I get no input..
    Go to the Tchilcotin territory..there are private non natives..you must cross the new territory to get to all these homes..simple " legal " blockade..you cant get to " your " home..worthless
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm today its my home lost..maybe next us yours?
    Steven
    Srupp, I don't think they will have power to take anyone's home in the new NStQ treaty settlement lands or overall NStQ territory lands.
    Seems so far the new treaty lands exclude currently private properties like this:

There are also sections outlining that they must not obstruct access to these private parcels of land.

It seems there is a clause that secures the FN full rights to hunt in parks and protected areas within the larger NStQ territory
    So thats any parks existing now and any future parks/protected areas. Where it gets real sketchy is they will have the ability to push the government to establish new protected areas within the NStQ Terrirory and they will have major weight in how that protected area is managed (is it open to public hunting or not)
    So it looks to me, in theory they could whip up a ton of new protected areas where only they have exclusive hunting/fishing rights.
    With our current government being real close to the environmental activists and anti-hunters I could see that being a real possibility.
    They would love to help each other out on that front.
    Same goes for establishing new national parks within their claimed NStQ territory area, they could negotiate themselves more exclusive hunting rights.
    Last edited by Sirloin; 07-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Thats funny all I hear is crickets from the guiding communty.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    4 band's demand the complete area from Quesnel lake to the west to the Tchilcotin territory given away by supreme court.
    12 more bands are on the sidelines drooling..to be given to them as their land.
    210 % of BC is claimed..
    My home will become worthless..would you buy a home on a reserve?hmm private property given away...bullshit
    Contacted MP Todd Doherty..
    Contacted Donna Barnett..meeting upcoming
    Premiers office asst refuses to discuss private negotiations..province is negotiating who owns this land, the land my home is on..
    I will be notified of the outcome..
    The province is in secret determaining who gets this land..97% taxpayers..or 3% indians..and no I get no input..
    Go to the Tchilcotin territory..there are private non natives..you must cross the new territory to get to all these homes..simple " legal " blockade..you cant get to " your " home..worthless
    Srupp
    Please keep us in the loop after these meetings Srupp.
    I did see a portion of writing among these new treaties about the government supplying a fund for the NStQ to buy up any private parcels of land that come up for sale within these NStQ treaty settlement lands. The government could end up buying your home and giving it to some FN. White privilege eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Thats funny all I hear is crickets from the guiding communty.
    From what I see in these docs, the guiding community has secured its rights to continue guiding within these new treaty lands and territories.....

guiding and trapping tenures can continue as per provincial laws
    Last edited by boxhitch; 07-25-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

[QUOTE=boxhitch;2022290]guiding and trapping tenures can continue as per provincial laws

throughout the document it refers to[/QUOTE
    You dont say, really?

throughout the document references are made like

"Subject to paragraph ##.#.#., NStQ Law ............... will prevail to the extent of a Conflict with Federal or Provincial Law."
    then
    "Federal or Provincial Law ............ will prevail to the extent of a Conflict with NStQ Law."

Looks like there will be two sets of rules but one superseding the other
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Very disturbing and sad to see 'Beautiful British Columbia' parceled out into multiple kingdoms according to race.
    The treacherous judges/politicians that are responsible for this .........
    This province will never heal and move ahead ....
    Never thought I'd see the end of BC.
    Sad indeed ...