Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Not a whole lot different than South Africa and look where it has gotten them. See other thread about South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty76 View Post
    At first I thought this was a joke, or I guess wanted to believe it was.
    Me too man, me too.

I really can’t even believe this. So if this gets finalized and finished, all the crown land in that area in the caribou is now under the control of 2,600 NStQ First Nations? They are to govern all of that land? And we need to ask for access or permission to hunt?
    Nothing has been finalized apparently, yes this is the case. Good luck getting permission.

I have quickly scanned the documents , but does someone have more info on what kind of game management they plan to implement?
    Natives are not wardens of nature, nor the protectors. Historically they have no management plan whatsoever. (If someone disagrees with this statement feel free to prove me wrong with something other than a personal attack or threat.)

Or are we (tax payers) going to be footing the bill for that? Do they get a cut of the habitat trust foundation? How is this even going to work? I really feel bad for the people who are living in the caribou right now.
    FN have always been bought and paid for by the government. FN are nothing but a political chess piece for the Liberal government so they don't mind spending 20% of the federal budget on them so yes, we the tax payers are paying for this to happen.

Furthermore, past the taxes we pay to allow this to happen - We'll have to start begging for access and paying for additional permits above and beyond what is actually legal for things like mushroom picking and foraging. (I'll say right now I'll be non-compliant for permits on any foraging I feel like doing.)

Keep everyone informed of anything that needs attention. Polls, GoFundMes for lawsuits , etc. I’ve already sent emails to Scott Fraser of the Provincial NDP and Carolyn from the feds.
    Great effort but the GreeNDP being in power is what is allowing these "negotiations" to actually move forward now. If you see the original document in the first post its titled 2015, the feds knew they didn't have the backing of the provincial government at that time so they waited for someone like Horgan to get in. (Like I said FN are nothing but a political chess piece for the Liberal government.)

Is there any media outlet that would do a story on this from a BC residents pint of view ?

They wouldn't dare, otherwise they'll be labelled racists and bigots.

It's a very frustrating situation because you're not even allowed to talk about talking about it without being labelled some sort of hate-monger. Social justice isn't about equality its about revenge.

guest Guest

There is a web site for all to comment to on for management of resources ....... It's posted here a couple times.

funny ....... When you bring up legitimate comments or recommendations for FN..... Eg. Total accountability of all harvested game. Total accountability of all Fish netted. When you say same rules for FN as Whitey......The posts are removed...... They will not tolerate any FN comments....... This is a Government site asking for input. Input nothing, their minds are made up already. More smoke n mirrors........ Keep on handing out more and more. Where is incentive to change, to be better, to all be one Canada or Canadians....... It won't happen with agreements like this.

IMO ...... These NDGreens and federal Liberals are the cause of more Racism....... The present problems we have
    are about to get a whole lot worse with agreements like the OP has posted.

Sad times.

one LAW for ALL.

It is out of your hands....all over Except the crying.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    It is out of your hands....all over Except the crying.
    Hmm today its my home lost..maybe next us yours?
    Steven

The only viable solution to the indian problem is the military one.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Steven
    Your home is lost..really?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Steven
    How’d you lose your home?

This Neo Marxist thinking that is being indoctrinated by our government schools is a cancer. You can easily map out the destination. First it's strip the people of the ability to defend themselves then give away their land and then its labor camps for anyone who thinks different from the state propaganda.

We pay these peoples salary so they can think of new ways to strip our rights and give away our land.
    They should be held accountable for their actions

well at least you can feel good about the fact that 3 out of 4 chiefs were women...finally had leadership capable of getting a deal done.....ill b right back with some popcorn....heheheheh...