Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
You mean people that recently graduated into an environment that is hostile to people that don't follow the status quo?i.e. if you take my position and don't accept that their is a problem you are ostracized.
Do I seem like someone that follows the status quo for the fear of being ostracized?

Your premise sounds like a good way to throw out everything that has ever, and will ever come out of a higher learning institution. So then who do you trust to do your professional research for you? A hay farmer? A PR think tank?

why don't you look into the available information, and if their remains significant doubt on your behalf, we can discuss your concerns that are directly relevant to the research in question. Attacking the source of the information isn't a valid argument. It's called ad-hoc, and is not productive.

Bias recognition is one of the 6 critical thinking skills. There's a method to that too. I'm not sure why it is a surprise to you that someone such as a dr, would have had their brains trained in such a matter. The thing about heuristic bias though, knowledge of the bias doesn't prevent it from being used in the decision making process.

causation has been established, and it's a commonly accepted issue in the field.
By whom in the field? Management? People in the public eye? Did you ever consider that these people may just be saying these things to protect their jobs because speaking out against "native rights" activists is a career limiting move?
everyone. Most people in medicine have incredible job security. I doubt that is much of a concern for them. Their integrity is more important.