Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

-- Don't get in a hurry because it's starting to commit, remember when you committed yourself for life when you married ?
    This is like a marriage, wedding day just happened so give the honeymoon a chance and see if yah get divorced two times like every one else does? Hahaha
    Jel - Story Stu or whaaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    It probably makes you as mad as First Nations who have been stuck living under people, rules and regulations limiting their actions for many years (indian agents, band administrators, gold commissioners, every government prior to 1960 where First Nations were not allowed to vote, etc.) that were also not democratically elected by them yet had sway over most of the molecules of their life.
    You say this as if it’s a justification. I played no part in the horrible things that happened in the past, yet you think I should in someway be punished for it?

This effects you too. Large tracts of land that you have access to is being privatized.
    What is taking place is not reconciliation, it’s tit for tat revenge.
    Equal access for all is the only justifiable outcome.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

--- Go to the Willy Alphonse Jr. case, it shows the jurisdiction of a Status Indian, must be registered in Ottawa with a personal number.
    Willy shot a mule deer in a ranchers yard. Dropped his wallet, and the farmer took Willy to court, Willy won all seven judges went Willy's way --allowed to hunt on this guys ranch -- I'm not making this up, if I knew how I'd put the case on here for reference --
    Jel -- Willy Alphonse Jr. -- Youngest Chief in history -- Willy in the Chilly Cootin -- Willy is my hero -- I'm a zero --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 08-09-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: D. N. A. ---- Do - Not - Attempt -

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    You say this as if it’s a justification. I played no part in the horrible things that happened in the past, yet you think I should in someway be punished for it?
    Nowhere in my post do I say anything like that regarding punishment.
    All I said was that the anger or frustration that will be felt by the author of the post I quoted if one molecule of his life is disrupted, is already being felt in FN communities and has been felt for decades in communities where many things have been dictated to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhill View Post
    Because if they have any sway over one molecule of my life without being democratically elected - that would be some form of dictatorship.

It probably makes you as mad as First Nations who have been stuck living under people, rules and regulations limiting their actions for many years (indian agents, band administrators, gold commissioners, every government prior to 1960 where First Nations were not allowed to vote, etc.) that were also not democratically elected by them yet had sway over most of the molecules of their life.
    Oh my god how far back do you want to go? Women owe men everything in history because you couldn't leave a f*cking apple on the tree.

How can you not see that your ideology offers no solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    How can you not see that your ideology offers no solutions?
    What's my ideology?

What's my ideology?
    Dredging up injustices of the past when they are not relevant to the modern society we live in, apparently.

Fella's I think Jass is younger so new technology has us way be hind these new aged folk
    Jel -- younger and a little bit quicker than most Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    ETFO - Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario.

It's my opinion that our countries teachers unions and certain university departments have become utterly corrupted by far left driven activism(marxism, anti-capitalism) and have turned their classrooms and students in to little revolutionary projects. It's also my opinion that certain university departments across the country have been, and are working to weaponize first nations against western systems of power/culture to further their own goals. It's a big claim, and I can back that up with evidence, and I will be doing so in the future.
    I've been waiting for this evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    Dredging up injustices of the past when they are not relevant to the modern society we live in, apparently.
    They clearly are relevant. Because they pertain not only to the barriers that keep many FNs from fully integrating into society, but many of these injustices are root causes of the social and economic inequality that FN people still face.

Research like the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples, as well as dozens of academic articles and textbooks attest to this.
    Last edited by jassmine; 08-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.