Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Re: NStQ First Nations, B.C., Canada advance to final treaty negotiations

Going to global news is a good way to inform an uninformed populace who have a dog in the fight, everybody in this province should be made aware, it will most definitely be occurring in other area's of the province.

Should go to all the media outlets,,it would be interesting to see who posts the story.

do a search of Westbank band...houses on band land are not low priced...there is change coming..no one knows exactly how it will play out..best to keep your head. I heard Stolo nation brokered a deal with Trump. A new Trump Tower will be built along with an extensive waterfront community in Stanley Park...starting 2020.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

It came out today in the 100 Mile Free Press...Not as complete as Sirloin"s post but acknowleding 25 years to get to this agreement in principle..At coffee today was talking to a very informed person and they said that the new govt of the natives would still be bound by Federal law first then Provincial law and then the CRD..All deeded land is off the table for the natives ..The final agreement still has to be negotiated and could take ......Well who knows ...The agreement in principle took 25 years ...I'm not saying I agree with any of this ...The real bearer of the cost should be by the British Crown that took the land from the Natives...I think I will not loose too much sleep just yet as I could be 6 feet under by the time this agreement is finalized...Canada needs a Trump to tell the United Nations where to go and get back to some common sense regarding Native Land Claims and Rights...Will this ever happen .....Probably not but I hope it doesn"t tear Canada apart and start a revolution ...People are blind to whats happening and the ramifications coming down the pipe....Scary days ahead ....Hope my kids and grandkids have a future....Dennis

Oh and the ranchers really have a dilemma .....An aweful lot of their land is leases and grazing rights...Not deeded..They are in for a real sh&t kicking..Dennis

Would this qualify as BCWF's response to this?

http://www.bcwf.net/images/M_images/...oMinisters.pdf
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

The letter fails to address that crown land will now become private and access will be limited when it comes to hunting and fishing. I feel that this is where the government must state that the general public must be allowed access to hunt fish.

By leaving the " right to access " in the controll of the natives it gives the governemt the ability to wash their hands of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    The letter fails to address that crown land will now become private and access will be limited when it comes to hunting and fishing. I feel that this is where the government must state that the general public must be allowed access to hunt fish.

By leaving the " right to access " in the controll of the natives it gives the governemt the ability to wash their hands of the issue.
    Exactly, it also is open on anywhere deemed "sacred" which will be determined in the future by FN? leaving that to the imagination it could be, not surprisingly the best hunting and fishing area's.

3% of the population will own BC. Greed knows no bounds.
    I am in the affected area. I can't believe how this has slid through below the radar. No news outlets are warning people this is happening. The green party is just loving this I bet.
    I want an election soon. Stop this nonsense.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

"The letter fails to address that crown land will now become private and access will be limited when it comes to hunting and fishing. I feel that this is where the government must state that the general public must be allowed access to hunt fish."

Private property is private property. You can't make a settlement that gives FNS title to land and then say that they don't have the actual rights to that land that other private property holders have.

I'm not saying I don't understand your frustration, but the government is making deals with FNs. This isn't new. The FNs are getting land. It's a pretty big ask to demand that BCWF make the government and the FNs change their understanding of private property.

I think it would be fair for BCWF to demand that access to non-private property not be unreasonably restricted by FNs who happen to have public roads going through their private property.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey