Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She called me:

Re: She called me:

been called a lot worse things though

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Buddy at the range the other day kept calling me sir. I just assumed he was ex-military
    Worked with a WW2 Vet who would refer to you as "Sir, spelled cur."

English ladies might call you "Luv" (Love). Doesn't mean they want your sausage, unlike some guy calling you "buddy", who secretly does.

I get called Hun or love all the time at the tims in lake cow, she's a older English lady

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    She called me: "HUN"

I was going through the drive thru at Tims today, and the girl on the speaker called me "hun", OMG what is with wimmin these days? Is this something old guys get called all the time? I'm not that old, well maybe to the young girl at Tims I am. It could have been worse, she could have called me "dear"!!

I know the wife wasn't impressed when this young chicky called me hun....how about it is this normal or what?
    It is very common around the LML especially in downtown Vancouver. Waitresses probably call people "hun" more than anything else. I always figured it is mildly flirtatious but harmless enough there is "just being friendly" plausible dependability for the odd person or spouse that might get offended. In bars downtown waitresses do a lot of back and shoulder touching along with "hun". I believe it is mostly about tips and getting people to stay longer and order more drinks. In the case of a timmies worker I'd just write it off as being friendly.

I get Called hun sir dear and love all the time. Thought it was cause they liked me now I find out its cause I'm old. Talk about bursting my bubble.
    Last edited by Keta1969; 07-23-2018 at 02:32 PM.

The one wife of Attilla the Hun wished she'd never called him HUN
    Jel -- Attilla the Hun -- dint like it --

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

sounds like its your wife's problem, not yours! Now if she had said sexy or something like that, the wife should be pissed! Hon, is harmless, and I happen to like it. About time folks were just a little less politically correct these days! Its gotten too rigid in our transactions with strangers! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Omgosh it happened again today on a phone call!! I bet there would be lots of kickback if we started calling them pet names?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Omgosh it happened again today on a phone call!! I bet there would be lots of kickback if we started calling them pet names?
    Wow!! Sounds like your having a good week...don't pull a quick draw McGraw now!