Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cortisone injection

Re: Cortisone injection

I had one five years ago. I have moderate sentosis in my lower back. (Sciatic Nerve being pinched by shrinking disks and swelling) It helped a great deal by reducing the swelling until last week. Spent Tues morning in emerg begging for another one but they decided to give me different injections of an anti-spazzing meds and heavy duty pain killers, plus a script for T3's. It is way better now but feels like another week of ginger walking. If this doesn't do it they will give me another spinal tap and when that wone wears off the only other option is surgery.

Go for the injection for sure!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Had a cortizone shot in my left knee worked for about 4 years. Recently had PRP in the same knee and the other as well seems to be working even better. Not sure if PRP is an option for the back its pretty cutting edge but no side effects it either works or it doesn't

Had a cortisone injection in my shoulder in february. Shoulder felt great until I tried playing ball in June. Big mistake!!!!!

I would think long and hard about Cortisone injections, there's some real serious side effects to this! I suffered for many years with arthritis in my right hip and was on some heavy duty pain meds as my doc was dead set against Cortisone and I was too young for a hip replacement! I'm really glad I listened to him as I didn't have a huge amount of bone loss due to Cortisone and the replacement was a perfect success! Do some research and you'll understand what I'm talking about! I realize every situation is different but do your homework. Good luck, K.

As f350ps Kenny says Cortisone is BAD shit for you BUT it does help with the PAIN for a while I had to have them in my knee for a few years to it got replaced ! All Good now ! RJ

Cortisone is not healthy and is only temporary. I have had shoulder problems for last 8 yrs but destroyed my left shoulder 3 yrs ago lifting stupid tires into my truck for someone. They wanted to do cortisone shots and eventually surgery. Being someone who can’t handle needles and hearing some very scary stories about the surgery I opted out to find a good physiotherapist changed my diet and started drinking apple cider vinegar. At the hospital I protect it fiercely when it comes to lifting heavy people. Some of my surgery pts have started out with cortisone shots but then end up having surgery as it’s only a very temporary relief. You also can end up doing more damage to yourself as you might not feel the pain and will do something to further your injury along.

I had cortisone injections in both elbows and shoulders 20 some years ago for arthritis it is a steroid so stimulated healing. I have been almost pain free for the whole time and am only now thinking of repeating the treatments. that being said not everyone has the same success but I say go for it