Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortisone injection

Cortisone injection

Anyone here ever received a cortisone injection in the lower back (l5-s1)? Does it take away the pain forever? Does the pain come back? Thoughts please? Want to be healthy for the hunting season, Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cortisone injection

Cortisone masks the pain, they used to give to football players so they could return to the field. This obviously creates an opportunity for more damage to be done.
    It works, or helped me, as I had a few in shoulder.
    The ticket is to remind yourself not to be crazy and continue to protect, so as to let it heal properly.
    cheers
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Same with me. Takes the pain away as long as you don’t do something stupid.

I have had shots in my neck and it did not provide any crazy good results

For my injury exercise is the only thing that gives long term results everything else is just a temporary fix. All injuries are different but this is what I have found

I've had two. I would highly recommend a fluoroscope guided injection so the drug gets put where it belongs. I did get some relief but only a few months. For me, my L4L5 L5 S1 is basically screwed so cortisone will only or may only provide some symptom relief. After years or chronic back pain I did feel like superman for the first while but not a ticket to pack a moose or two out of the bush.

I have had cortisone injections in my finger joints when my arthritis meds aren't working...Im quite happy with the results..

I had my L5-S1 ruptured disc operated on last week. It’s not fun to have back problems and I’m only 27!

I’ve heard from coworkers that shots last quite a while, but are only effective a few times in a target area.

Yup, not worth it though as the relief was short lived each time

Considering haveing a cortisone injection into my heal on my right foot,Broke a toe at work in jan. and went back early and that developed into something called planters fascitis ,major heal pain,doc advises cortisone will help but not heal it.Need this gone before moose season !
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"